FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Cannot access my bookings (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1957661-cannot-access-my-bookings.html)

sarahuk Feb 22, 2019 1:19 pm

Cannot access my bookings

Hi,
When I try to access my bookings it says error. The last few days it was just the one out of five flights and if I manually entered the Booking ref, it showed up.
Now I cannot access any of my flights even with entering the booking ref manually.
Is this a known problem or is it just me?
Thanks

corporate-wage-slave Feb 22, 2019 1:35 pm

I've had a few glitches in this area (and have been using the BA App more as a result). The way around this is to login, go to My Executive Club. You will then see two thirds of the way down the page your upcoming bookings. Select any of them - assuming the one you want is further down the list and thus not visible- and then when the MMB for that trip comes up, you'll have a link at the top to see all other bookings via a drop down list. You may need to scroll down if you have many flights. That drop down still works thankfully.

sarahuk Feb 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply. I was trying to access flights via my exec account but have now logged out and I can now access the flights!
Not sure what is going on.

Globaliser Feb 22, 2019 3:36 pm

IME, the MMB function on the home page sometimes works even when the other routes don't. Presumably that's how you got into the booking when you were logged out?

In the dim and distant past, there were ba.com errors when post-PIN that weren't there pre-PIN, and so being logged out was a good way of bypassing them. However, I haven't seen any specifically like that recently.

FinnRolo Feb 22, 2019 3:42 pm

I'm experiencing similar problems, on both the website and the app.
Sometimes when I log in either some (and sometimes all) of my flights are missing, but if I go to MMB and enter the booking ref manually it will find it.
On the app, if I tap "view all bookings" it only shows two, and if I try to add in another manually it says "unable to add booking - please try refreshing the list or check name on booking matches your account details".

Gildas Feb 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Sometimes using Private/Incognito mode resolves these issues

PUCCI GALORE Feb 23, 2019 1:01 am

Me Too 😉

Frankly the website goes from bad to worse. I’m logged in the whole time but when I want to get to my Avios it makes me log in again (app). Touch log in doesn’t work and I don’t know how to fix it, or if it is fixable.

On the desktop my bookings are missing often as not.

What I HATE on the stupid site since they changed the perfectly functional flight choice screen for this mess is that if the date you chose for a return is dearer and you click on another return day, you have to choose your outbound again. In heavens name why show the lowest price on each day and then make it harder or clumsier to get there. I’d love the head of BA IT to stand before me and explain himself (no woman would ever restrict choice of buying). I’d probably break my hairbrush but I would warn him that this will hurt you far more than it hurts me, and I do this in the name of FT and in memory of all the hours of my life that I will not get back trying to work with your clunky old 10th rate system.

Misco60 Feb 23, 2019 2:18 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30812140)
What I HATE on the stupid site since they changed the perfectly functional flight choice screen for this mess is that if the date you chose for a return is dearer and you click on another return day, you have to choose your outbound again.

And when you go back to choose your outbound flight again you often find that the fares are strangely higher for exactly the same flights you chose the first time, thereby negating the saving you found on the return. It's incomprehensible and intensely annoying.

Lost-in-Space Feb 23, 2019 3:25 am

Re the MMB problem, I've had the same issue online for a couple of weeks now. Clicking on the booking takes me to a new window where I have to enter the PNR and my name. This worked until two days ago but now I keep being asked to enter the same info and cant get into the bookings at all. I cleared history, cleared cookies, restarted my laptop, changed browser and still cant get into the bookings. These are available on the app, by at my age my eyes are more suited to online work.

Madame Pucci (or should I address you as Señora?) I too see the same issue, choosing a new return date always requires reselecting the outbound. When flagellating Mr BA IT with your hairbrush, may I send you an old dried chorizo, so you can whack him with that as well please?!

PUCCI GALORE Feb 23, 2019 5:13 am

Originally Posted by Misco60 (Post 30812271)
And when you go back to choose your outbound flight again you often find that the fares are strangely higher for exactly the same flights you chose the first time, thereby negating the saving you found on the return. It's incomprehensible and intensely annoying.

Yes - I've noticed that as well - however often if you add the two fares it comes to the same it seems to split them differently. I simply do not understand it. :confused:

corporate-wage-slave Feb 23, 2019 5:44 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30812577)
Yes - I've noticed that as well - however often if you add the two fares it comes to the same it seems to split them differently. I simply do not understand it. :confused:

It has been like that for the last 11 years to my certain knowledge, and probably longer.

What it is doing is portraying how to get the cheapest pair of flights, and that requires two prices align for that. It will show one combination of fares based on the opening dates - if you then change something, particularly the return, it correctly recalculates the outbound. And the underlying reason behind this is that you are seeing a notional figure for a return ticket. Underneath that the tickets aren't really outbound + inbound, but in order to give the potential combinations you see figures in those boxes - it's a portrayal rather than a chunk of a ticket. However in reality you can't combine every pair of boxes, change something and the boxes have to recalculate.

Anonba Feb 23, 2019 5:48 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE (Post 30812577)

Its all to do with the way the price is displayed versus how its actually priced. Its all an estimated guide price and is looking at the total cost of a return and simply splitting it between the flights so you can make a decision.

Lefly Feb 23, 2019 6:11 am

For me it was however easier before the website restyling, when you could have both outbound and inbound in the same page.

corporate-wage-slave Feb 23, 2019 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 30812652)
For me it was however easier before the website restyling, when you could have both outbound and inbound in the same page.

Indeed, and the old version didn't ask you to double check you weren't being an idiot by changing the date. Since it was built for people to use their fat fingers to select flights rather than click a mouse, this presumption of idiocy may be fair enough. I can still use the old format on my Closed User Group bookings and flight selection there is so much easier. However on the payment side, I have warmed to the new version, that bit is more slick than the old version.

camdentown Feb 23, 2019 7:27 am

Originally Posted by Lefly (Post 30812652)

Exactly!