Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in CW and I am disappointed!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:44 pm

As an infrequent (once every year or two) BA F or J flyer from the us to Europe rt I agree completely with op. I have a rt coming up in may iad/lhr/lnt in j on the 747. It is always a great experience. I am returning in June cdg/lhr/iad in F on a 747. SO looking forward to both flights. YMMV
Padmeister and groenroos like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:51 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
must be, no one has ever seriously described the rough, thin, ratty CW blanket as "lush."
The White Conpany bedding that was rolled out last year is quite nice (actually better in some ways than what is offered in F).
355F1 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:43 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Hmmn, transparently a glowing article by BA publicity dept in the FT BA forum. BA is never ever near this good , nice try though, lol.
HMPS likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
I'm just concerned that the CEO - Alex Cruz hears of this and stops the fun. It may be costing money, increasing customer satisfaction, pleasing crew to deliver a great product and offering a full quality service works. It's not in the spirit of cutting service, costs, and dragging your integrity and product down...........
Crampedin13A and HMPS like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:15 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
I love flying in J.

Every single time it is infinitely better than Y and PE!!!

Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you, Groenroos, for a delightfully witty parody of us po-faced moaners. I feel suitably chastised.
PUCCI GALORE and Muttley like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by fripperies
Thank you, Groenroos, for a delightfully witty parody of us po-faced moaners. I feel suitably chastised.
I'm uncertain if you are being a little tongue in cheek there - but I like your style and thus - if you are so inclined you too can be a Mucci.

I know that I am feeling generous minded today - I might even lower the blinds even if it does not suit me!
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:36 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by navylad
It has been all of 5 minutes since we had a thread where intolerant people criticise someone for having a different view to their own 🙄
Well said. Perhaps they need to be reminded of "people who live in glass houses.....". Quick to criticize others with sideways remarks rather than quote a post they disagree with.
lukew and AnaTravel like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:53 am

The moral of the story is, if you really want to sit in a urine soaked seat, D.I.Y.
CaroFos, alex67500 and Gildas like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by bullroot
It was the reference to the 'delicious tomato and mozzarella savoury Danish' that did it for me and made me realise the OP is either heavily medicated or insane, having eaten 3 of these in the last week the word delicious does not spring to mind.
What's that quote about doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different outcome.... I believe that references insanity
HMPS likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Platinum, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold Elite, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jackophil
The moral of the story is, if you really want to sit in a urine soaked seat, D.I.Y.
"One Crazy Trick to Earn Unlimited Avios - Customer Service Agents Hate Him!"
Gildas likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:38 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by groenroos
"One Crazy Trick to Earn Unlimited Avios - Customer Service Agents Hate Him!"
Can you please expand on this ?
alex67500 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:39 pm

I am sorry you did not like CW. During my first experience of it (by happenchance in 62J/K) the steward asked Mrs Greenpen “Are you dining tonight” which set the stage for a great flight. Try another CW as you may just have hit the bottom on your flight.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by allturnleft
where are the BA apologists when you need them
I for one don't understand the excitement this post is generating. OP knew at time of booking that they would be flying in Club. OP talks about wanting to experience discomfort and a "livestock" experience, yet willingly chose not to buy a ticket in Y. The White Company bedding is clearly described on ba.com, but apparently was a surprise to OP. While I have to admit that there is no public statement about the abundance of Cointreau, this could surely be inferred by any experienced traveler from the marketing materials BA provides online.

As I see it, OP is entirely responsible for any disappointment here.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Gildas
I for one don't understand the excitement this post is generating. OP knew at time of booking that they would be flying in Club. OP talks about wanting to experience discomfort and a "livestock" experience, yet willingly chose not to buy a ticket in Y. The White Company bedding is clearly described on ba.com, but apparently was a surprise to OP. While I have to admit that there is no public statement about the abundance of Cointreau, this could surely be inferred by any experienced traveler from the marketing materials BA provides online.

As I see it, OP is entirely responsible for any disappointment here.
You don't get it, the OP paid good money to try the famed worst business class around, but they failed to deliver. People come from all over the world to try the BA dorm experience, but you have to manage expectations... He thought he will get all the highlights on one flight, the bedbugs, the spilled drinks on the white slacks (lol), the urine-soaked seats, the engines on fire, the inop seats and screens, the forgetting to load the meals, the dirty cabin, the beat-up dormitory seats, etc., but it doesn't work that way, you have to trust the process, just relax and let the magic unfold over time...

Last edited by nk15; Feb 23, 2019 at 12:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.