Search

Avios-fuelled on Flybe

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Avios-fuelled on Flybe

I used a handful of avios to book Manchester Amsterdam, and I've combed these threads to find out what I can expect, especially as it's one of those rare times I'll need to check a bag in.

What I've distilled from my search is:
  • no lounge
  • no (free) seat selection
  • no fast-track security
  • no fast-track boarding
  • in short, it's the avios without the BAEC/OneWorld frills
but
  • contrary to what Flybe indicates and BA suggests on the booking page, i do get to check in a bag for free.

Have I got it about right?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Yes spot on.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Exactly right.

I have found it very useful on NQY routes as it saves baggage fees and most of the other benefits don't exist at the airport anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Airprox
Yes spot on.
Originally Posted by ajamieson
Exactly right.

I have found it very useful on NQY routes as it saves baggage fees and most of the other benefits don't exist at the airport anyway.

Thanks for the rapid confirmation. I look forward to a no-frills, but blessedly short trip
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I've done a couple of redemptions on Flybe and been happy with what I have achieved, even though I don't particularly like Flybe. The first time I paid to add a bag to my reservation, before I found out the bag was free. Flybe CS was kind enough to refund the bag fee. I have to say, CS was very friendly and they pick the phone up very quickly.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Just a note to say anyone else wanting to take advantage of these deals to get in quick.

Avios earning and redemption on flybe ends soon.

Flybe will soon become for want of a better name flyaukdomesticvirgin with a replacement scheme for Avios soon to be announced ?

My money is on virgin flying club

also on a side not flybe have just announced LHR-GCI once daily in addition to the existing uk domestic routes and soon to start x4 daily NQY

seems BE/VS are adding new in domestic routes and capacity to LHR

cs
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:25 pm

Shame....with Flybe introducing Guernsey to Heathrow redemptions could have been handy.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was just looking at the Avios redemption thing with Flybe, from a BAEC account. In theory, we have a bit of time left yet. But have they cut redemptions off after the 31st April? I can't find any availability for dates in June and July, but I only looked at DUS to INV, LBA and NQY. I was just wondering if redemptions were permitted for flights up until 31st April only, rather than the valid for 1 year thing that is the norm with frequent flyer tickets.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:43 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
I was just looking at the Avios redemption thing with Flybe, from a BAEC account. In theory, we have a bit of time left yet. But have they cut redemptions off after the 31st April? I can't find any availability for dates in June and July, but I only looked at DUS to INV, LBA and NQY. I was just wondering if redemptions were permitted for flights up until 31st April only, rather than the valid for 1 year thing that is the norm with frequent flyer tickets.
yes the end of April seems to be the end date for earning or spending avios on flybe

https://www.flybe.com/avios/faqs
Old Mar 13, 2019, 7:17 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by simons1
Shame....with Flybe introducing Guernsey to Heathrow redemptions could have been handy.
Yes, but being able to avoid the slog from LHR to LGW and go direct is going to be a big win for us!
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
I've redeemed avios on flybe a few times and have had no complaints. Lounge access is really the only distinguishable difference between them and BA short haul for me.

Typically saving around half the journey time door to door by being able to fly direct to places such as CDG & MXP is something I will miss.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KARFA

yes the end of April seems to be the end date for earning or spending avios on flybe

https://www.flybe.com/avios/faqs
But usually, you could book a flight for dates later than the cut-off date. So that means travel has to be completed by 31st April as well. (I should be 30th April, I know, but if I could have an extra day every month I would complete everything that I need to, so I live in dreamland!).

By the way, the link above doesn't lead anywhere, just a 502: Bad gateway.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
try this one https://www.avios.com/gb/en_gb/about-us/flybe
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been through and through that, and it still doesn't answer the basic question: can we book now using Avios for flights with Flybe after 30th April?

EDIT- I have just been fingermousing around with the booking system, and I can't find a single Flybe flight available for Avios, this side of 30th April or the other. Note, I am searching from the BAEC site, not from Avios, which usually shows copious amounts of Flybe availability.

Last edited by Concerto; Mar 14, 2019 at 5:19 pm Reason: more info
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
It was there and now it’s not !

seems that as from the flybe backend update a couple of days ago all haribos availability post end of Avios has disappeared

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.