Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MAN-ALC City Flyer cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Intra spain is 20TPs in Club so it will be
MAN - LHR 40
LHR - MAD 40
MAD - ALC 20

Each way
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Jimbojumbo

Thanks for this. When rebooking should I stipulate the IB flight number to ensure the TP’s or will I gain 100 even if they use the BA codeshare?
Doesn't matter if you book under a BA or IB code for TP
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 8:37 am

Is there a direct MAN-MAD IB flight for Sat 8th June? I can’t find it on Matrix.
Ah seemingly not - looks to be Mo, Tu, Th, Su only.
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:47 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Same problem but on 22 June and booked using the IB 90k offer so a double in having to speak to IB. Why oh why would 3 rotations be cancelled. Really annoying as there are multiple LCC flights on the Saturday morning and I don’t rate my chances of persuading IB to re book on those . Any other thoughts?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Same problem but on 22 June and booked using the IB 90k offer so a double in having to speak to IB. Why oh why would 3 rotations be cancelled. Really annoying as there are multiple LCC flights on the Saturday morning and I don’t rate my chances of persuading IB to re book on those . Any other thoughts?
Theres an IB Express MAN-MAD on 20th (17:55) and 23rd June (15:55) if they’re any help?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 10:46 am

Jet2
MAN-ALC 8th June

Departs07:00
Arrives10:55
or
Departs18:05
Arrives22:00
from £77 per person + bags £27 @ 22kgs each + hot meals (yes you can order a nice hot meal)

any good?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rog747
Jet2
MAN-ALC 8th June

Departs07:00
Arrives10:55
or
Departs18:05
Arrives22:00
from £77 per person + bags £27 @ 22kgs each + hot meals (yes you can order a nice hot meal)

any good?
Would be but I think (tho I’m not sure - I’m on hold to BA as I type) because I booked open jaw return plus hotel in Valencia for part of the trip if I ask for partial reimbursement that’s not an option and the whole lot gets refunded. The CE flights and hotel were great value booked in the sale so I very much doubt I’d get a comparable package for a similar price even using LCC’s.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Just had BA7318 AGP- MAN citiflyer cancelled on 29th June. I have been rebooked on BA7316 same day 8 hours later so no LHR connection thankfully. Hope they are not scaling back the MAN flights any further,
Old Feb 21, 2019, 12:46 pm

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
ALC used to be my home base airport and I did the ALC MAD LHR MAN and return regularly. I found it to b3 reasonably painless and never had any problems with that routing.
sirkay and Jimbojumbo like this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PJSMITH0
ALC used to be my home base airport and I did the ALC MAD LHR MAN and return regularly. I found it to b3 reasonably painless and never had any problems with that routing.
Was your baggage checked through? The very helpful lady at BA Holidays was unsure if this would be the case and told me to confirm at MCR.

I lose all hope for humanity the second I set foot in T3 MCR so a bit of back-up via a reference point will help me ��

Last edited by Jimbojumbo; Feb 22, 2019 at 12:56 am
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sirkay
Personally, I would go MAN-LHR-MAD-ALC as per the suggestion from cgtechuk.

Something like this: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=M...sp:2.EUR.66281

It's a whole day flying but you get good lounges all the way, decent catering on the LHR-MAD leg with Iberia, and the connections all look do-able. Can't see a faster way of doing it with Oneworld, and the 100 TPs might be a factor too.
Thank you so much for this suggestion. I have took it on board (literally) and got the booking changed this evening. Is the LHR-MAD classed as a breakfast flight or am I a few minutes late?
Old Feb 21, 2019, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Various Rental Car Statuses
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Looks like it's non-op on 8 June, 15 June and 22 June. The timetable gives the season as 18 May to 28 September and that last flight is still there, as are the flights at the beginning of the season and those from 29 June for a few weeks - but I haven't looked at all of the rest of the season.

Would it be an insurmountable problem to take the EZY non-stop MAN-ALC on 8 June at about the same time?
Friends don’t let friends fly LCCs.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:39 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Well, just off the phone to IB who were inflexible, agent helpful but supervisor refused any alternative with a connection or different airport of departure or arrival. Avios booking had to be point to point with no change of airport. The fact that there is no other flight didn't change the view, simply told refund and you are likely to lose the avios as they were part of the 90k but I could complain on a web form. Wouldn't protect the return flight either!
Lends the lie to those who consider LCC customer service worse than legacy carriers in my view.
I refused to proactively cancel and left it at that for now......Oh well us Northerners will just have to do without London Airways as usual, back to Ryanair et al
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I have took it on board (literally) and got the booking changed this evening. Is the LHR-MAD classed as a breakfast flight or am I a few minutes late?
Yes, breakfast will be served on the 10:35 IB3175
Jimbojumbo likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:54 am

Seems a bit strange to cancel on certain dates especially over the half term holidays? Is this anything to do with BA moving into the new T2 at that time?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.