Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Places to put things in CW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Well, if you're going to say no to everything, including the middle seats in 2-3-2 (have you actually tried one?), then maybe Club World - or maybe BA - is simply not for you. Most of us don't seem to encounter the terminal difficulties that have beset you.

Having recently done three sectors on CX, I don't think that there was much more storage in those seats that could be used before the cruise. All of the good big storage spaces seemed to be placarded along the lines of "no stowage during taxi, take-off and landing". (Enforcement by cabin crew, of course, was another matter.)
I didn't say no to everything, read up-thread. Yes I tried a 2-3-2 middle seat, multiple times, and it was rubbish compared to a window seat IMO.
skywardhunter likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well you kept some of the previous CW wash / shoe bags did you not? So:

You can put on the other side of the screen, or angle the screen towards the seat, so that it doesn't disturb you during sleep. There is also the coat hook at the far end of the unit from the seating end, after the privacy screen.

You can also put the table upwards as if to prepare for landing, then open it slightly and use the resultant gap to store water bottles, spectacles (etc).

Unfortunately, no, I didn't keep the old shoe bags in anticipation of needing them to store stuff on future flights. The coat hook is a good tip, for shirts etc. I love the angled upwards table idea for water bottles, must use this one for certain so thank you!

This all feels a bit like a Duke of Ed forum on bivouac camping
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:27 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum UK and related Hotel loyalty programs
There is plenty of room in the overhead lockers for the bulky stuff like the sleeping kit.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RB211
I wedge the bedding between the footstool and the bulkhead / back of seat in "front." Everything else goes in the drawer (on top of a copy of the Daily Mail) or one of the special places (provided by window seats on the upper deck, and E seats.)

rb211.
Two great tips, thank you! the footstool wedge is good idea, hopefully not devalued by an overzealous CC person. Your suggestion for the drawer lining is the best use of the Daily Mail ever. I will now take a copy on boarding without fail!!!!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by robiles
There is plenty of room in the overhead lockers for the bulky stuff like the sleeping kit.
Not necessarily. Try an overnight flight ex-USA where everyone has huge carryons, the lockers are often rammed.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by bullroot
Divider screen cill fails when you put seat down, as the phone then can fall anywhere into your seat.
This illustration probably describes this better. Note, it only works in A, E, F, and K seats due to the configuration of the divider screens.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:43 pm

There are two "extra" storage places for the E seats in 7 across mode, one is open and obvious (and quite handy for water, phones etc) and the other seems to be missed by quite a few.

rb211.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:45 pm

Two great tips, thank you! the footstool wedge is good idea, hopefully not devalued by an overzealous CC person. Your suggestion for the drawer lining is the best use of the Daily Mail ever. I will now take a copy on boarding without fail!!!!
Glad you found them useful. It's the only time I touch a Daily Mail. Soon BA will be reporting that it is the most popular newspaper in the lounges / on board!

rb211.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This all feels a bit like a Duke of Ed forum on bivouac camping
I suspect you aren't someone like me who has spent countless nights around the world in a 6'x4' pup tent in perfect comfort. An overnight stay in a CW seat is 5* comfort in comparison even without a personal chest of drawers to store your belongings.
Although I haven't had a problem in CW I seem to remember my missus had a bit of a tantrum when she mislaid her specs for all of 30 seconds.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
"Places to put things in CW" said no one ever!
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

@:-) The coat hook!!!

I’ve flown CW to the moon and back twice and never realised there was a coat hook. Every day on FT is a school day.

Is this it?
Attached Images  
tynmar and Shahar like this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:04 pm

Pert of me cannot believe that we are discussing pretty basic stuff (where to put things) in BUSINESS CLASS on a world famous international flag carrier! And it's not really about optimizing things as we lite to do so much, it's about where do I put my water while I sleep so I can easily access it. Hopefully the new CW will address these shortcomings.

rb211.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero
@:-) The coat hook!!!

I’ve flown CW to the moon and back twice and never realised there was a coat hook. Every day on FT is a school day.

Is this it?
Yes that's it. Welcome to the new world!

rb211.
Prospero likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Bring your own storage space:
Amazon Amazon
. .

Only works in a window seat, not sure it works on a 787.
It's meant for economy, but, well...
Old Feb 21, 2019, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Just use the drawer. Whilst many people store their shoes in the drawer, we've established on another thread how clean shoes are compared to the rest of a BA plane (I think, haven't we...?).
FrogTastic and SirToby like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.