Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Places to put things in CW

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Places to put things in CW

Is there a wiki of all the unknown secret places to store stuff in CW? Having not flown CW for a while until yesterday, it's now a bit overwhelming getting into your seat and then being handed water, amenity kit, customs form, and then this huge sleeping kit - with absolutely nowhere to store any of it apart from jamming down the side of the arm rest, unless you're fortunate enough to be in a window seat in a 747 UD in which case you might get all of this stowed away before takeoff.

BA issue more gear pre-takeoff, than there is logistically space to store; bit of a planning problem I think. They could take the easy route and enhance all the sleeping kit nonsense back to normal operations maybe.

Never mind somewhere to store phone/tablet/newspaper/laptop bag that you brought on board. Surely, there is a secret door for all this stuff...or is the answer, to fly AA/EK where storage abounds?
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by bullroot
or is the answer, to fly AA/EK where storage abounds?
Yes. There is no hidden storage in a BA CW seat, let alone a wiki to tell you where to find it.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

there is a small drawer at floor level below the TV screen and that is it I think

Unless in a 747 UD ( or A380 upper deck) seat there is a shortage of storage space ( unless you use the overhead lockers

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:31 pm

I find club world seat pretty bad for storing stuff. I don't put anything in the drawer down by my feet as I notice everyone puts their shoes there (it's probably a shoe drawer).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
What's wrong with the floor-level drawer below the TV screen for all of the little bits and pieces like your phone/tablet/newspaper/amenity kit/water bottle/customs form?

If you pick an upper deck window seat, there'll be the storage cupboards under the windows too. There's also the extra floor-level locker in the middle seats in the 2-3-2 configuration.

Otherwise, aren't the overheads there for this precise purpose?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:35 pm

Scanning the OP’s prior postings history, I think this might be called a “rhetorical post” as they seem to very familiar with BA premium cabins.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:52 pm
XLB
Suspended

Programs: BA, QR, LH
There is certainly no 'clean' CW storage. On recent flights the floor level drawer has been filthy (perhaps as one might expect from potential storage so close to the floor....on a BA plane...…)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL & LTG, EK Silver, HHonors Lifetime Diamond; Proudly Mucci Free - total nonsense
Originally Posted by Globaliser
What's wrong with the floor-level drawer below the TV screen for all of the little bits and pieces like your phone/tablet/newspaper/amenity kit/water bottle/customs form?

If you pick an upper deck window seat, there'll be the storage cupboards under the windows too. There's also the extra floor-level locker in the middle seats in the 2-3-2 configuration.

Otherwise, aren't the overheads there for this precise purpose?
Well firstly, you can't access that drawer once the seat reclines. Secondly - it's probably used for shoes mostly, and call me OCD but I'm not putting my phone/passport/water in there as it likely has the hygiene factor of a day-3 Glastonbury portaloo. Thirdly - the grey sleeping kit would never fit there (I wonder who in BA signed up for that kit, and did they ever think 'where will people put this').

Upper deck window seats are rare, considering the amount of 777's in service. As are the number of middle 2-3-2 seats - though if you are in one of those, you have bigger challenges than storing stuff I reckon.

Overheads are there for hand luggage. My point is, BA throw all this useless stuff at you on boarding, as an afterthought, for during the flight. The sleeping kit is where things get stupid.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

phone : divider screen cill (restrain by inserting into the side track)
tablet : drawer
newspaper : footstool pocket
laptop bag : drawer
water bottle and spectacles : wedge White Company kit bag into gap between seat and cabin wall to create a soft n squishy console
Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aristoph
Scanning the OP’s prior postings history, I think this might be called a “rhetorical post” as they seem to very familiar with BA premium cabins.
I am familiar indeed, but haven't flown much in the 'CW grey sleeping kit' era and this is what prompted me to ask; tongue in cheek, yes - where do we put this stuff?? I am hoping that the general knowledge of the board might have figured out some sneaky options I couldn't work out myself
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
phone : divider screen cill (restrain by inserting into the side track)
tablet : drawer
newspaper : footstool pocket
laptop bag : drawer
water bottle and spectacles : wedge White Company kit bag into gap between seat and cabin wall to create a soft n squishy console
Divider screen cill fails when you put seat down, as the phone then can fall anywhere into your seat.
Drawer for tablet fails due to hygiene reasons on that drawer
Newspaper in footstool: great idea and added to my tip list!
Laptop bag in drawer: I've not seen a laptop bag that would ever fit in there
Wedge kit bag to cabin wall: nice idea, added to tip list. Feels a bit like a Y scenario, and only works if in window seat, but I'll take it.

I think flying AA is the better answer, they got more space to store stuff than Ikea! unfortunately they don't fly to all my routes, and the food is bad.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by bullroot
Well firstly, you can't access that drawer once the seat reclines. Secondly - it's probably used for shoes mostly, and call me OCD but I'm not putting my phone/passport/water in there as it likely has the hygiene factor of a day-3 Glastonbury portaloo. Thirdly - the grey sleeping kit would never fit there (I wonder who in BA signed up for that kit, and did they ever think 'where will people put this').

Upper deck window seats are rare, considering the amount of 777's in service. As are the number of middle 2-3-2 seats - though if you are in one of those, you have bigger challenges than storing stuff I reckon.

Overheads are there for hand luggage. My point is, BA throw all this useless stuff at you on boarding, as an afterthought, for during the flight. The sleeping kit is where things get stupid.
Well, if you're going to say no to everything, including the middle seats in 2-3-2 (have you actually tried one?), then maybe Club World - or maybe BA - is simply not for you. Most of us don't seem to encounter the terminal difficulties that have beset you.

Having recently done three sectors on CX, I don't think that there was much more storage in those seats that could be used before the cruise. All of the good big storage spaces seemed to be placarded along the lines of "no stowage during taxi, take-off and landing". (Enforcement by cabin crew, of course, was another matter.)
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Well you kept some of the previous CW wash / shoe bags did you not? So:

You can put on the other side of the screen, or angle the screen towards the seat, so that it doesn't disturb you during sleep. There is also the coat hook at the far end of the unit from the seating end, after the privacy screen.

You can also put the table upwards as if to prepare for landing, then open it slightly and use the resultant gap to store water bottles, spectacles (etc).
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

All airline seats are heavens for bacteria. No surface is immune. So if you are worried about the drawer, you could bring antibacterial wipes. I’ve read reports stating tray tables are the worst.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:19 pm

I wedge the bedding between the footstool and the bulkhead / back of seat in "front." Everything else goes in the drawer (on top of a copy of the Daily Mail) or one of the special places (provided by window seats on the upper deck, and E seats.)

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.