Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Inconsistent lap-infant baggage allowance information in First

Old Feb 20, 2019, 4:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E

Hi everyone,

Is anyone able to confirm what a lap-infant baggage allowance is with the adult in First?

I ask as I am taking a flight soon where I am likely to want as many checked bags as my allowance will allow.

My booking confirmation and Manage My Booking show 3x32 kg for the infant.

However, https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...age-allowances states 1x23 kg bag.

Thank you in advance
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Hi, are you BA Gold, as that would allow one extra bag for everyone on the booking. So you would get 4x and lap infant 2x. However as the BA page say the lap infant is allowed 1 pushchair and 1 carseat above so maybe that is why MMB shows 3 pieces.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
Sorry, I should have added that I have no BA status... Well, blue, but

The point about pushchairs/car seats is interesting, but IIRC an HBO fare showed a zero a while ago.

Is this the type of thing You First helps with?

Cheers
Old Feb 20, 2019, 5:42 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by CanadianInLondon
Is this the type of thing You First helps with?
Personally I wouldn't bother, since what matters, legally (and probably more importantly IT wise!) is what it says on your e-ticket email, lower half. If that's good, that is what the agent will see when you check in. You're right that HBO travellers do get a bit of checked luggage with infants, but actually in First - and of course as a valued Blue member of BAEC - I think you'll have no problem anyway. Baggage allowances in First tend to be seen in the round, if that's not too opaque.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
HBO travellers do get a bit of checked luggage with infants
HBO travelers with infants can check 2 of the following: Stroller/pushchair, carseat, pack-and-play/travel cot, body carrier. HBO travelers with an infant also get an extra bag that fits in the overhead bin.

There was another thread where the OP was under the mistaken impression that HBO travelers with infants get free checked bags, and that's not the case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.