FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How good the BA forum is! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1957237-how-good-ba-forum.html)

Stormbel Feb 20, 2019 3:49 am

How good the BA forum is!

Over the last few days I have become so aware of the great service that everyone gives here as against other forums.

All I wanted elsewhere was the booking reference for a codeshare so I can select/pay for a seat. I have the LX ref and needed the LY one.I have just about given up.

The breadth of knowledge here is second to no other.
Keep it up!

EDDLEGLL Feb 20, 2019 3:55 am

Fully agree!

Not just this forum but especially Oneworld and, to make it relevant, the integration of BA within OW!
Having been Star Gold for almost a year now, I'd say it doesn't even compare to OW Sapphire (BA Silver) which is way better!

A very happy BA Gold member and BA-FT follower :)

argonath Feb 20, 2019 4:52 am

It is indeed. Before I joined I was totally unaware of "avios" + "BAEC" and had flown many times on BA before joining not considering the benefits I could have had. Now tomorrow MrsArgonath and myself are flying Club World to Barbados on a 2-4-1, have another 2-4-1 voucher waiting to be used and 3/4 of the way towards another one...all through routing as much spending through a BAPP card....priceless

tm84 Feb 20, 2019 5:11 am

100% agree. Everyone on here is so helpful and knowledgeable...great forum to come to for help. Thanks everyone.

BingBongBoy Feb 20, 2019 5:21 am

There are a very good core of very knowledgeable and helpful people on the BAEC forum and they are exceptional in their knowledge and helpfulness to all.

You just have to look past the group of people who take every and any opportunity to talk down, bash and try to be negative all the time.

ijkh Feb 20, 2019 8:16 am

I personally have gained nearly 700 dollars in EU compensation by following this board. I never would have known the rule without you all. Thanks smart BA forum folks.

clubman Feb 20, 2019 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Stormbel (Post 30800558)
All I wanted elsewhere was the booking reference for a codeshare so I can select/pay for a seat. I have the LX ref and needed the LY one.I have just about given up.

While I agree about how helpful the BA board is, I think it's a little unfair to blame the folks over at the LY forum. I honestly can't see what else they could do to help you with your issue, and they did try. You also seem adamant not to pick up the phone to the airline as suggested.

felixmendelssohn Feb 20, 2019 9:10 am

Definitely agree. This forum is a major factor in why I've switched a lot of flights to BA. Even in the other forums, I've found that the most consistently helpful responses come from BA flyers.

HIDDY Feb 20, 2019 9:34 am

Due to this forum I have been able to fly the missus in F and J all around the world for next to nothing. ^

She thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread....

LCY8737 Feb 20, 2019 9:40 am

And lets just point out cws in particular here. Apart from being a pink stuffed toy saving super-hero, he also spends an enormous amount of time giving great advice. And the quality of his contributions is simply astonishing - always correct, relevant, constructive & helpful.

tilal6991 Feb 20, 2019 10:05 am

+1 this forum has been an excellent place for me to lurk and find out a ton of useful in a relatively difficult time in my life so thank you all.

(and +1 for explicitly calling out cws - that teddy thread was one of the most heartfelt stories I've ever come across but also for all the useful information I've picked up from his posts!)

anniegray Feb 20, 2019 11:32 am

Totally agree

AnaTravel Feb 20, 2019 11:36 am

I still feel new to this site but agree with the above praise on the breadth and depth of knowledge on Flyertalk. There is a lot of kindness too. I've learnt a lot. Thanks to all on the forum.

PAL62V Feb 20, 2019 11:51 am

I have learned all about ITA Matrix, travelling to Oz ex-EU in J, how to successfully claim EC261 directly and via CEDR, where the best seats on board are, how to rescue a pink teddy - it's all here. I've said it before and it is worth repeating when I thank so many wise heads on this forum.

missdimeaner Feb 20, 2019 12:25 pm

100% agree - I would still be blue but now I am enjoying the ‘heady heights’ of silver (not gold though).
I have found the BAEC forum dashboard a great resource as well as all the advice I have been given over the 6.5 years that I have been a member.
I love all the witty rapport, great entertainment ^