Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Plus Fares & Same Day Changes - Codeshares Allowed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, BA Amex PP, Virgin Gold

Last week I was able to request via the call centre, to change to a different flight via the “free changes in the day of departure” rule. It wasn’t BA metal but the agent did it after I gave him the BA codeshare.

Is this a case of stepping outside the lines? MMB simply stipulates that the free same day change is for the “same cabin/route/airport” and makes no mention of whose metal it is.

Today I needed to make the same change for my trip home and the agent wouldn’t even acknowledge that my plus fare allowed a free same day change and there was much talk of “calculating change fees”. Got past that nonsense and then when then I mentioned that it was to a codeshare (short haul) flight it was a case of computer and supervisor said no. I was told they’d hold the new seat and I’d have to try at the airport.

Only when I showed them the text of MMB did they go off to some higher power, call back after 1hr and relent. I was told this was a one-off and won’t ever be done again

Can anyone tell me what is actually allowed please?
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am afraid your second response is correct, no SDC on codeshare flights unless specific and unusual rules are in the Fare Basis. Or there was an exemption due to weather (etc). See the main SDC thread for more background.
BoeBus likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.