Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

More inconsistency from BA FIRST: short trip report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More inconsistency from BA FIRST: short trip report

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca

All the same, whether you call it CW+, F-lite or just F, there is still no excuse for the level of inconsistency displayed in provision of product and service. Consistency should not be cabin or price-dependent, even if the expectation of it probably increases with the price. In that dozen or so BA F flights over the last year (fairly even mix of WW/MF crews), I haven't had any outright bad service, and much of it was very good, but many times one or more things which should be part of the F service has not been offered/delivered correctly, leaving aside a few hard product failures. I think this is the heart of the OP's comments, and I think it has some validity based on what I think is a reasonable sample size of F flights (less than some of course). It affects me less because I know what I expect / want and and am not afraid to ask for it. I probably pre-empt some possible disappointments (like being fed what I want, when I want), but that shouldn't be necessary.

(bold added)

I believe this one paragraph - taken from what is a very reasoned, balanced post overall - encapsulates neatly so much of what we see in threads reporting wide variations in service standards.

Regular BA users book with a clear awareness and acceptance of the hard product to be found onboard. Expectations for the soft product (and whether or not they are fulfilled) are of course a very different matter.
HMPS likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Funnily enough the reason I think BA F is still worth paying extra for is because the CW hard product isn't that great.

At the end of the day if you have to think twice about paying extra for F then I suspect it's not for you.
I actually prefer the J seat. I found it more comfortable and I liked having cubby holes to put my stuff in rather than having to put most of it overhead.

It should be noted that I'm particularly slim, so it may be that my seat preferences are very different from those with other body types!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by RG1X
I actually prefer the J seat. I found it more comfortable and I liked having cubby holes to put my stuff in rather than having to put most of it overhead...
Contrast this with a recent thread complaining that there is almost no storage on CW seats.

rb211.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I think the problem is forums like this give the impression that glaring gaps in BA service levels are commonplace. The feedback from regular BA customers on here suggests that not to be the case.
While I do not have scientific survey...do take notice that right at this very minute there are at least three threads pointing up service failures ! The feednack of regular BA CUSTOMERS is of course here but it appears to be the same handfull of participants. It is time to accept reality......just see the post elsewhere that applauds BA for fixing up an electrical outlet while 50% of toilets are inoperative.
Objective criticism just finally may wake up the management to raise the standards to what it once was....Premium Airline of the World.
Tough love has its place.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:58 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by HMPS
The feednack of regular BA CUSTOMERS is of course here but it appears to be the same handfull of participants.
The same handful of participants are probably in the top 1% of BA revenue earners (GGL, fly F multiple time a month etc.). They are happy to say that they always have great service, but they never see it from the perspective of a not-so-regular flyer. This is how the world works unfortunately, the best customers get the best service.

Maybe one of the F regulars should take one for the team, and not provide their BAEC number on the booking. See if they get the same level of service?
HMPS likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.