Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Infant BAEC member - what email address?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Infant BAEC member - what email address?

hi all, i have searched but can't find what i'm looking for - although i am sure this will be very easily answered!

I am opening a BAEC account for my new baby, so that i can add him to my household account. Daft question, but what email address do i use for his account? Do i have to create an email address for him now (that he will be lumbered with for the rest of his life)?

Thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
No - just put your email address down. It can always be changed, several years into the future...
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:54 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I used my email address for ours. The kids do have their own accounts these days, but mine sufficed until they were old enough for their own.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 2:55 am

congratulations, by the way...if you need any help on flying BA with babies/toddlers...come back and ask

also - travel in their first year, it gets more difficult after that!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
If you use gmail you can append a + and any text and it'll still come to you, handy for signing up to websites when you need a unique e-mail or want to track what they do with it, e.g. if your e-mail is [email protected] you could use [email protected], you can also set up filters to send those to a separate folder in your inbox.
expatboy likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:37 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Definitely keep control of the kids' BAEC accounts by setting the email to your email so they don't find the redemption button and drain the HHA before they've learnt the real value of an Avios!
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:00 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
When we opened the kids accounts few years ago (4 I think), we had to use new e-mail addresses appositely for them as mine and my husband's were not accepted during the "create account" process.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:29 am

I've done it more recently a couple of times and no problem with using my email address
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:12 am

maybe a mod should change the title - it's obviously is supposed to infant
Old Feb 18, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If you use gmail you can append a + and any text and it'll still come to you, handy for signing up to websites when you need a unique e-mail or want to track what they do with it, e.g. if your e-mail is albpenny@gmail you could use albpenny+junior@gmail, you can also set up filters to send those to a separate folder in your inbox.
Same result with a dot inserted in the gmail address, so alb.penny@gmail will still be delivered to albpenny@gmail
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:51 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SQTraveller
maybe a mod should change the title - it's obviously is supposed to infant
Did you alert the moderators by clicking the red triangle? I've done it if you hadn't.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thank you all! Have created account and added him to the household account. Interesting and great advice about the gmail addresses, that’s really good to know. Also sorry for misspelling the title, I didn’t notice and thanks to whoever had it fixed. 👍🏼
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
Did you alert the moderators by clicking the red triangle? I've done it if you hadn't.
Oh so that's what that red triangle is for! HAHA! I kinda just ignored it all this time.

Thanks for letting me know!!
golfmad likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by flatlander
Definitely keep control of the kids' BAEC accounts by setting the email to your email so they don't find the redemption button and drain the HHA before they've learnt the real value of an Avios!
i might have changed the email address on the eldest’s account to her own, but she has no idea about the password to her account.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by skywardhunter
If you use gmail you can append a + and any text and it'll still come to you, handy for signing up to websites when you need a unique e-mail or want to track what they do with it, e.g. if your e-mail is [email protected] you could use [email protected], you can also set up filters to send those to a separate folder in your inbox.
Deleted. Turns out you're right. I only knew about the +/. trick for multiple versions of the same address, not for adding text too!
skywardhunter likes this.

Last edited by Ldnn1; Feb 18, 2019 at 5:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.