Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Another drink after meal service has finished in CW?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Is it ok to ask for another drink after the meal service has finished in CW? If so do I just go the galley to ask for this? I’m thinking I might want another glass of something whilst watching a movie or is this frowned upon? I’m on the upper deck

Thanks
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:43 am

you can ask as often as you like if not offered
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Perfectly reasonable. Use the call bell or ask at the galley. Have another after that as well if you want.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
You use the call bell and have another drink.

Or you walk back 5-10m and ask for another.

Or walk downstairs to the Club Kitchen and help yourself
orbitmic likes this.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Of course it’s ok, you can either come to the galley or use your call bell.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Bluesky30
Is it ok to ask for another drink after the meal service has finished in CW? If so do I just go the galley to ask for this? I’m thinking I might want another glass of something whilst watching a movie or is this frowned upon? I’m on the upper deck

Thanks
Hi,

It is absolutely allowed.

Either go to the galley or ask the crew when passing or use the call bell.

If you are on the Upper deck of the 747-400 the Club Kitchen is at the bottom of the stairs.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:46 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
It’s fine to do it in economy, let alone club.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for replying. I wouldn’t want to use the call bell to get a drink, that just seems really lazy and I’d feel guilty expecting crew to come to me so I’ll happily go to the Galley and ask or go downstairs to the club kitchen
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: BAEC - Gold
CIHY - what’s the view on the call bell? Always too scared to push it as I don’t want to appear lazy... but equally I am not sure about appearing in the galley and interrupting...? Help...
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:07 pm

I always have (at least) a couple of glasses of wine, a port with the cheese and biscuits and a scotch (or two) nightcap. I always walk up to the galley but there’s absolutely no reason not to use the call button. That’s what it’s there for.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
CIHY - what’s the view on the call bell? Always too scared to push it as I don’t want to appear lazy... but equally I am not sure about appearing in the galley and interrupting...? Help...
I’m the same. I don’t think I have ever used the call bell. If I need anything I’ll ask in the galley (or fetch myself from the Club Kitchen / similar galley stuff on other airlines/classes) rather than call? You’ve just made me think interrupting the galley might be worse than the call bell? This goes for all airlines, in all classes for me. I don’t ever feel comfortable to press call bell whether Ryanair, BA Club or EK First. I’m sure I’m the exception too.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In any class of service, this is why there is a call button. Alternatively, take a stroll to the galley and ask for whatever it is that you want. Don't be bashful.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:24 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
It's definitely made more awkward by the slightly 'evasive' service on BA in Club these days. BA economy used to be more lively with the refills (or dishing out of a couple of double bottles of gin etc to save them coming back right away) than Club these days and as we know what to expect these days, no point stressing about it - wander to the galley and they're always happy to oblige!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
this is exactly how I feel, I don’t like to bother the crew as I’m sure they are so busy but then would they rather some peace in the galley?

Last edited by Bluesky30; Feb 17, 2019 at 12:35 pm
Old Feb 17, 2019, 12:43 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Particularly in upper deck, there is no harm in using the call bell. There are just 20 passengers and 2 crew for them and often it's one of the more boring sections of the aircraft for the staff. So it really is not a problem anyway, but definitely not an issue in UD. One advantage of UD is that the cabin crew - with relatively few passengers to look after, many of which will be regulars - can read the passengers quite well. But just ping away if you don't want to untangle headphones and what not. Since it's quite a small area a crew member may be visible anyway and a polite hand wave may do the necessary. The obvious thing to do though, as the dessert / cheese is cleared away, is ask for a drink at that point, port is a common request.

The one thing to perhaps slightly bear in mind, is that there is bit of downtime and a chance of a cup of tea for the crew after the meal is served and Club Kitchen put out (mostly downstairs, though there may be a few things on the ledge at the top of the stairs). They will typically have boarded 60 minutes before you and will normally have been on the go - getting to the airport, through security, on to the aircraft, prepping up - with only a short break during take off. So if you want to be unnecessarily considerate to the crew either get your drink with the tray clear-up or leave it perhaps 45 minutes. But you need a drink, you need a drink!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.