Wiki Posts
Search

Unable to Sign In

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Unable to Sign In

Trying to sign into my BAEC account this morning, I get the following response. Anyone seen this before or advice what I should do?

Web Page Blocked

Unfortunately access to the web page you were trying to visit has been blocked as our systems have detected unusual traffic from your computer network.

If you feel this is in error then please contact Brightcloud and submit an IP Reputation Change Request using your IP address .

To do this paste the following URL into your browser:

http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/cha...reputation.php

and enter your IP address 185.32.44.98 . Your request should take 24 to 48 hours to complete.

Should your request fail and you feel it should not then please contact the British Airways support team on

Telephone: +44 (0)344 493 0787 option 3 (calls charged at local rate within the UK)

Daily 06:00-20:00 UK time

Please quote support ID 9461982348945732603.

Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver
I have had this a couple of times when trying to sign in from my works computer, I normally leave it a while and try again and it works most times. Never reported it and it always starts working again.
Not ideal if you need in a hurry but so far its worked for me.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
I remember having the same problem twice. Once, when accessing BA from a hotel lounge computer. Went back to room and picked up laptop, that had been left to charge depleted battery, everything went as smooth as BA.com permits. The other time was at work, fixed other things first, 15 min later able to log in
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:36 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Looks like some sort of CDN or other similar service designed to prevent DDOS attacks I think.. If you're at home and you don't pay for a static IP, try restarting your router.

If you're in the office or in a hotel etc, it may be a little more difficult I imagine, so try submitting your IP to BrightCloud or try again later.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes this has been posted about in the past.

If you use the 'search this forum' function and search for 'brightcloud' you'll see the previous threads on this so have a read of those for the solution but I think a good start would be to clear your cookies and cache
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Thanks everyone (and thanks to Haley). Cleared cache and cookies and I'm back in business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.