Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using Avios to book between MNL/HKG and HKG/HAK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

What is the best way to find reward flights? Cathay Pacific or Dragon?

I have lots of avios so maybe biz seats. TIA
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL
FWIW, when we lived in Japan (some time ago to be fair...) we never had a problem redeeming on Cathay to MNL or HKG in J, so I’d try them first
Speedy12 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Peter_S
FWIW, when we lived in Japan (some time ago to be fair...) we never had a problem redeeming on Cathay to MNL or HKG in J, so I’d try them first
Thanks. Look for reward flight on Cathay's website then call BA to book over the phone and they would waive the booking fee?

What shows up on Cathay's website would be available for using avios? Sometimes, airlines release more reward flights to their own customers than to partner customers.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:49 am

Programs: BA GGL
I used to just give them a call, and not bother looking for availability on line first. But, the tools available to do so are much better than when I was travelling so your plan seems like a good one to me
Speedy12 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
You should search on BA website as CX has some strange releases to partners and their own asia miles redemptions only partially correspond to what’s available to BA to book
Peter_S and Speedy12 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.