Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Passport check - mines been in the washing machine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Passport check - mines been in the washing machine

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:24 pm

Programs: BAEC "I'm blue Da ba dee da ba di", Skywards Blue, Miles & More (very passive)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
I’ve just tried the app noted above on a functioning passport (that worked in an e-Gate in the last hour) and it doesn’t scan the chip. So it might give you a false negative.
OK, I tried it on my passport a few times and it read three times then it was difficult to get it to read again and after a few tries and repositioning it worked again. The protective case on my phone doesn't help with the reading distance either.
With a previous phone it started buzzing when the lady at checkin in Heathrow handed me back my passport with my phone (mobile boarding pass) on top.

Originally Posted by Will100
Can you recommend one for iPhone?
Unfortunately not, I don't own one.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for the replies all. I’m on the AMS-JNB return J fare Monday 18th - Thurs 20th. so getting the 0640 LHR-AMS then 1415 AMS - LHR then onwards, all BA.

the passport all looks ok barring some peeling at the back.

thanks for all the help and support everyone.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: BA GGL
I wouldn't try to enter the US with a passport that had been at all damaged. I expect you'll be fine in SA though.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: BA Gold
My old passport went through the washing machine. It looked a bit tatty and the old style hard photo page peeled a bit, but I used it for 9 years afterwards.

Had a few questions about why it was so tatty entering the US but all friendly enough.

The only real issue I had was in year 9 trying to get out of Moscow. Let’s just say I will be replacing if it happened again and I needed to go back to Russia!

I’ve invested in one of these now. If you’re accident prone then I highly recommend one!

http://www.witzsportcases.com/id-bad...rt-locker.html

Last edited by JMS87; Feb 24, 2019 at 4:38 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.