Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA2158 13 Feb delayed overnight [substandard hotel accommodation at St Lucia]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA2158 13 Feb delayed overnight [substandard hotel accommodation at St Lucia]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:08 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by ilcannone
Half an hour? That wouldn't even get you from Castries to Soufriere!
sorry, meant 1-2 hours haha
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

If I may interrupt proceedings and post a polite reminder of FlyerTalk's rules, specifically this
FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer

I guess some folk are quite content with a brothel, I’ve now spoken with my mate who confirms that story
Well, at least it's nice to have a story with a happy ending...
SK, Crampedin13A, DYKWIA and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ratechaser

Well, at least it's nice to have a story with a happy ending...
Who pulled your string?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
In these situations I don’t know why people just sit there and claim they’re stranded and bed down on the airport floor. Why don’t these people get off twitter moaning and use their phones to find a hotel of their choice, jump in a taxi and relax in their rooms. Whack the bills on their credit cards, send the bill to BA.

If you’re holidaying at UVF then you’re not exactly on the bread line either are you. BA paid my last claim within a couple of days of doing this.

We now live in a society where people are so entitled and take zero pro-active action. They want everyone else to wipe their backsides for them. I have no sympathy for these sorts whatsoever. If people were too dumb to help themselves then it serves them right that they had a tiled floor or a threadbare sheet to sleep on.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
the bed

the bed
Attached Images  
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cameramaker
In these situations I don’t know why people just sit there and claim they’re stranded and bed down on the airport floor. Why don’t these people get off twitter moaning and use their phones to find a hotel of their choice, jump in a taxi and relax in their rooms. Whack the bills on their credit cards, send the bill to BA.

If you’re holidaying at UVF then you’re not exactly on the bread line either are you. BA paid my last claim within a couple of days of doing this.

We now live in a society where people are so entitled and take zero pro-active action. They want everyone else to wipe their backsides for them. I have no sympathy for these sorts whatsoever. If people were too dumb to help themselves then it serves them right that they had a tiled floor or a threadbare sheet to sleep on.
It was late at night people were told BA was providing accomodation, if you'd walked off and arranged your own BA may well have refused to pay. I hope you never have a problem that you need help with.
If i may also point out, you have no idea how wealthy all the passengers were. The people left at the airport appear to have been elderly, could have been on a package tour, not have had great deal of additional funds and be unconfident at arranging their own accommodation in the middle of the night in an unfamiliar country, nor would they likely be aware of their rights and BA's obligations and whether they would be able to claim additional expenditure back.
Your comments appear in no small measure somewhat unkind in my view.

Last edited by YorkieFlyer; Feb 16, 2019 at 7:16 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

bathroom

the bathroom
Attached Images    
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

bedroom

the bedroom
Attached Images  
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Strange arrangement, placing pillows under the sheet.

Was there no top sheet, blanket or a duvet?
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:52 pm
Original Poster

shared kitchen

shared kitchen
Attached Images  
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Strange arrangement, placing pillows under the sheet.

Was there no top sheet, blanket or a duvet?
I'm told not, that was it. His opinion is that it was a workers room for rental rather than guest accommodation
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:57 pm
Original Poster

the lounge

the lounge
Attached Images  
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
Looking forward to seeing your pics. To be clear, was your mate actually booked into the brothel?

The media are reporting that the main reason for the difficulties in finding hotel rooms was that local hotels were heavily booked due to the cricket - the first time England had played a test match in St Lucia so attracted much higher interest than normal from tour groups.

Still we wouldn't want any facts to get in the way of a good second hand story would we.
I have no reason to disbelieve the brothel story, several independent accounts have emerged. No he wasn't booked in the brothel but can confirm what other people said who rejected BA's kind offer and returned to the airport before his delightful digs were arranged. Incidentally he was there for the cricket which had finished by then and hotel rooms had been vacated so presumably would have been available the night of the 13th?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

thank you for your friendly constructive comments, I'm sure its appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.