Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA2158 13 Feb delayed overnight [substandard hotel accommodation at St Lucia]

BA2158 13 Feb delayed overnight [substandard hotel accommodation at St Lucia]

Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
Wow, BA going above and beyond in their duty of care! Were the pax issued vouchers for services?
I feel quite cheated. On my EU261 delays BA have never offered me the opportunity of a brothel
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:51 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
UVF is a bit notorious for delays I've found... last 3 times I've been we were delayed and comped. Never cancelled, though. It's correct to say there is very limited accommodation near the airport, most of the hotels are a 1/2 hour drive up to the top of the island.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
Oh dear, the usual sarcastic comments from some.
one of my biggest bugbearers on here for sure.
LCY8737, NoY, Silver Fox and 3 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by Lewis King
UVF is a bit notorious for delays I've found... last 3 times I've been we were delayed and comped. Never cancelled, though. It's correct to say there is very limited accommodation near the airport, most of the hotels are a 1/2 hour drive up to the top of the island.
Half an hour? That wouldn't even get you from Castries to Soufriere!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by ilcannone
Half an hour? That wouldn't even get you from Castries to Soufriere!
i think the poster means 1 slash 2 hours.
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Nevertheless, despite not knowing whether this was the genuinely the best that BA could do, you decided to start a thread implicitly slamming BA. Nice!
hyperbole I’m afraid, I’m aware that the international airport is somewhat isolated but I’m unconvinced there could have been no other suitable accommodation anywhere on the island even allowing extra travel time, as far as I’m aware no alternative was offered.
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1

Indeed, but in several years on this forum I have seen terms like "flea ridden home" used with a healthy dose of exaggeration.

I'm not suggesting this is the case here but I am able to look at pics and reach my own conclusion.....
nice to see I’m right and your instinctive response wrong
cauchy likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:04 am

nice to see I’m right and your instinctive response wrong
Are you? How did you reach that conclusion?

All I have seen are the 4 photos upthread which show 3 people sat in seats and 3 people laying on the floor.

I certainly haven't seen any pictures of the flea ridden homes you were talking about. If the camera doesn't lie (as you put it) then show us and we can all see what you are saying.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:10 am
Original Poster

The bed

[img]blob:https://www.flyertalk.com/6821d712-e88f-4b04-9b21-1fa4a3006f81[/img]
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Ah how to upload a picture?!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:25 pm

Save the picture to your desktop.

Then, at the top of the reply box, press the tenth icon from the left (just beside the smiley face), select your photo, and upload.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by makin'miles
Save the picture to your desktop.

Then, at the top of the reply box, press the tenth icon from the left (just beside the smiley face), select your photo, and upload.
thanks, will do when on laptop later
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by simons1
Are you? How did you reach that conclusion?

All I have seen are the 4 photos upthread which show 3 people sat in seats and 3 people laying on the floor.

I certainly haven't seen any pictures of the flea ridden homes you were talking about. If the camera doesn't lie (as you put it) then show us and we can all see what you are saying.
I guess some folk are quite content with a brothel, I’ve now spoken with my mate who confirms that story
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:37 am

I guess some folk are quite content with a brothel, I’ve now spoken with my mate who confirms that story
Looking forward to seeing your pics. To be clear, was your mate actually booked into the brothel?

The media are reporting that the main reason for the difficulties in finding hotel rooms was that local hotels were heavily booked due to the cricket - the first time England had played a test match in St Lucia so attracted much higher interest than normal from tour groups.

Still we wouldn't want any facts to get in the way of a good second hand story would we.
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
5 star hotels aren't always available at every airport. Under EU261 all BA has to do is provide accommodation it does not specify a particular class of accommodation.

Of course if YOUR FRIEND has specific issues then THEY should contact BA about those issues rather than you post second hand accounts.
This isn't the EC261 thread however. Just because BA may have met its minimum legal obligation does not disentitle us all to complain about it or speculate! Otherwise what is the point of FT?!?! We hold BA to account!

Sounds like a very difficult situation to deal with - hope they remain patient and resilient. Keep the pictures and if they really are that bad then the Daily Mail might be interested.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.