Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA 100 [Valentine's Day surprise]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:42 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I'm a wonderful audience - and this delighted me. I was so pleased to see the reaction of these people who were upgraded. I thought that it was a delightful gensture. Moreover I agree with the sentiments of carrotjuice and notakeenflyer - actors my left foot. If they were, they deserve Oscars all of them.

Delightful.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Delightful.
Perfect word for it PUCCI. ^
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: BA
I noted that at least one person tagged themselves on the video on Facebook. Would indeed suggest it was all real.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia

It's lovely to see non-DYKWIA, non-frequent flyers (or those who don't appear to be) being upgraded, rather than something status-based upgrades etc. which may be taken for granted by some.
couldn't agree more. Some people here have no idea how fortunate they are.
PUCCI GALORE and Takiteasy like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
What a wonderful gesture. Bravo for BA on this one!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by golfmad
I don't get the negativity. Random people who probably bought cheap tickets were upgraded to first class and were very pleased about it. I doubt it was staged with actors and I suspect the individuals were asked afterwards for permission to use the footage as part of the upgrade offer.

Surely the object of the exercise from a public relations standpoint is fairly obvious.
I agree, seems hard for some to show any positivity on here.
golfmad likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Will100

I agree, seems hard for some to show any positivity on here.
I refrained from opening the thread as I suspected it would contain a certain amount of negativity to spoil the mood.
Curiosity got the better of me.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:01 am

Advertising standards would prevent BA from using actors unless they made that clear during the showing of the ad (and it is an ad, at the end of the day). Therefore rest assured these people are real. They would also have been required to sign a release to allow BA to make the footage public, especially as they were filmed without their knowing.

Overall, a great thing to see however nothing comes even close to this campaign by Westjet a few Christmases ago.

It is worth watching the whole thing - brilliantly thought out and executed and the gold standard on how to create PR Heaven.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club - Demoted to Bronze and re-promoted to Silver alongside AC Elite 50K (gold) in 2022
I was equally interested in the BA Flight to Buenos Aires on Valentines Day (I think) where 5 couples at BA worked the flight as crew. (I'm assuming MF crew) rather than the flight deck. (I have flash backs to the Little Britain spoof on Stansted Airport and the pilot couple!!)
I knew crew could apply for some sort of couples roster where you'd be rostered the same time off etc but not the same destination presumably to avoid a tiff over the cart!! But it's nice to do for the couples as well (and a test of any relationship to work together !!) including the mandatory same sex couple. (check the new BA ad) which I was pleased about to reflect on the diversity of employees - I wish more companies would do the same.

I wonder how the flight went! (and it saved 5 hotel rooms at the crew hotel too!!)
Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
There are many many married, and partnered crew that flight on joint rosters and they work 90% of flights together and no hotel rooms are saved.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Even better they could spread the 100 Upgrades across the entire year. One every third day. Make a big deal out of the fact by email campaigns. Have people register for a lucky draw... etc etc.
The downside of that, especially with the lottery aspect, is that it creates tens of thousands of losers.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:18 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Can I help you
There are many many married, and partnered crew that flight on joint rosters and they work 90% of flights together and no hotel rooms are saved.
How come?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How come what?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
That no hotel rooms are saved if a crew work together as a couple
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well a couple of reasons, firstly just because we are working with our partner we are still and individual and are intitled to the same benefits as all other crew and secondly BA have contracts with hotels for a set number of rooms per night and it would not be possible to change this nightly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.