Wiki Posts
Search

Delayed 2 days out?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Delayed 2 days out?

Opened up the BA app this evening to check prices for a future possible flight.

See BA 229 to BWI on Friday (writing this late Wednesday evening) that I’m on is already showing as delayed by 45 minutes due to a late arriving aircraft? Bit surprised this is already showing 2 days out and pretty annoying as I’ve booked a non flexible train ticket to DC that I’ll probably now miss. Is that normal?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver
It’s quite common for random small delays to show improbably far in advance. It’s usually just an artefact of the IT and scheduling systems and doesn’t convey any useful information at all.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Opened up the BA app this evening to check prices for a future possible flight.

See BA 229 to BWI on Friday (writing this late Wednesday evening) that I’m on is already showing as delayed by 45 minutes due to a late arriving aircraft? Bit surprised this is already showing 2 days out and pretty annoying as I’ve booked a non flexible train ticket to DC that I’ll probably now miss. Is that normal?

Hi,

I suspect that the aircraft scheduled to operate this route is currently on a small delay. This is likely to be resolved prior to departure. I would have a look tomorrow.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 14, 2019, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The constant flow of threads like this suggest that BA may be giving out Too Much Information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.