Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Screen etiquette - should I be offended?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
It's also antisocial to keep talking when they do not want to listen.

I guess the key here is to "try to put yourself in the other person's position and see if you can accommodate/tolerate/go-along without much undue inconvenience for yourself".

No guesswork there.......You are correct. The lament today is people (moi too) quick to judge and take offense.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE

Soups, your post is of far far greater fascination than discussions about the socially graceless or those who wish to evacuate. What was showing that had him in tears? I love a good weepie, and I’d probably have to put the screen up because my mascara could run and the person opposite might believe that they are sitting before a Panda.

Sadly I could't see, even though out of mild curiosity I took a discreet walk around trying to elicit this information. He was literally chewing his pillow in an attempt to muffle his sobs - although i'm pleased to report that if he was wearing mascara it was of a very high quality as no runs were apparent.

It may have had nothing to do with the IFE, and could have been the food of course, or the fact the screen wasn't working.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 7:13 pm

Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
... although i'm pleased to report that if he was wearing mascara it was of a very high quality as no runs were apparent...
I hope you are not implying that the PUCCI uses anything other than high quality mascara!

rb211.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HMPS

But then it is antisocial not to engage with fellow travelers when the other wants to....so where do you cutoff the conversation without being anti social in ther minds?
Some of the best flights I've had were those without the wife in tow when I would spend hours chatting to my seat neighbours....and I'm not really the chatty type. That was back in the days when the only IFE offered was the airline magazine so more peope were willing to chat especially after a sherry or two.
Much harder to do nowadays.
flygirl68, HMPS and OneworldHarj like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
and I'm not really the chatty type.
Not according to all of the drivel you post here
HIDDY and PAL62V like this.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
It can be up at any time other than during the safety briefing.
Quick question, on A380's, are the screens the same circuit as the in seat power? As they didn't work on a recent flight until a good 20 mins into the flight when the in seat power was turned on - or it could have just been something odd with that aircraft, or a breaker needed to be reset?
Old Feb 19, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No idea I’m afraid, I have never stepped on the beast.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Forever in Seattle
Quick question, on A380's, are the screens the same circuit as the in seat power?
I believe that is exactly the reason they behave as they do on the 380.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver
Originally Posted by Can I help you
But not safety focused!
Reading the post patiently for the mixed fleet crew rant (those seemed to have dried up recently)
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I rant at anyone who I believe isn’t doing the job properly, you need to may more attention!
Old Feb 19, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by RB211
I hope you are not implying that the PUCCI uses anything other than high quality mascara!

rb211.
Good heavens, an unintentional faux pas on my side there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.