Champagne in the lounge and onboard

Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Champagne in the lounge and onboard

Its not often that I get to fly CW but am flying to D.C. next month in club. Couple of questions:
Is there champagne available in the lounge at T5? Its not the first lounge.

Do they still have rose champagne in CW?

As you can see Im pretty easily pleased, as long as there is some fizz available Ill be happy!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Champagne is on request in the lounge. And yes Rose champagne is available on board although not till after takeoff.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Thanks, do I just ask any member of staff for it in the lounge?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes - ask servers in the lounge who will bring it to you... usually quite a bit easier and quicker in B Gates Lounge !

On board, you can have a capful of Champagne before take off
Thomathy likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Currently: UA 1K | Previously: AS MVPG75K, SPG Gold, Kimpton IC, HH Gold
I just had some rose champagne in CW. There was booze in it, so I was pretty happy about it.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:07 am
Original Poster

So I know there is a lounge at B gates but how soon before departure would I know if my flight was going from a B gate?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Bluesky30
So I know there is a lounge at B gates but how soon before departure would I know if my flight was going from a B gate?
Usually from about 90 minutes before departure. The B gates lounge is almost always preferable to the Club lounges in the main terminal building.

And you can easily move from there to C gates or even back to A if needed.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:30 am
Original Poster

So would it be ok to go into one of the lounges in the main terminal as Ill be there about 3 hours before and then if its announced that it is a B gate that I need go to that lounge as well or would that be frowned upon?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
So would it be ok to go into one of the lounges in the main terminal as Ill be there about 3 hours before and then if its announced that it is a B gate that I need go to that lounge as well or would that be frowned upon?
This is fine.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:33 am

Programs: BAEC
You're free to use any lounge, so check them all out if you wish. Personally i'd head straight to the B lounge and just stay there. If you then need to get to A or C, you can walk using the tunnels on level -2, or the tram (B to C gates only).
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Ok so seeing as I am not bothered about any of the shops in the main terminal it sounds like the best bet is to go straight to the B lounge and if I can walk between B and A and C that is even better. Roughly how long would it take to walk between them? Im a speed walker ;-)

Does the B lounge have everything that the others have? As I dont get to go in a BA lounge very often I just want to make sure I make the most of the opportunity

thanks for all the replies
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Ok so seeing as I am not bothered about any of the shops in the main terminal it sounds like the best bet is to go straight to the B lounge and if I can walk between B and A and C that is even better. Roughly how long would it take to walk between them? Im a speed walker ;-)

Does the B lounge have everything that the others have? As I dont get to go in a BA lounge very often I just want to make sure I make the most of the opportunity

thanks for all the replies
Just go to B and hang there, you will not be missing out on anything by not using the other lounges. You'll similarly get 90 minutes notice if its not B gates and need to change, its not a long walk back to A if thats the case, I'm going to say 10 minutes max dragging a carry on behind you
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
Just go to B and hang there, you will not be missing out on anything by not using the other lounges. You'll similarly get 90 minutes notice if its not B gates and need to change, its not a long walk back to A if thats the case, I'm going to say 10 minutes max dragging a carry on behind you
great that sounds like the plan then
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Fairly certain theres a spa at the B gates, same food and drinks just a bit smaller and much quieter. All told its a much nicer experience.

Also ifs highly unlikely that a long haul flight will depart from the A gates, in theory its possible but more often than not the A gates host the short haul and domestic flights and the B/C gates the long haul.

cs
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
Fairly certain theres a spa at the B gates, same food and drinks just a bit smaller and much quieter. All told its a much nicer experience.

Also ifs highly unlikely that a long haul flight will depart from the A gates, in theory its possible but more often than not the A gates host the short haul and domestic flights and the B/C gates the long haul.

cs
thanks thats good to know. I wasnt expecting to be able to use the spa as Ive read that first passengers can book in advance so Im fully expecting it to be fully booked when I get there on the day but I guess its worth asking when I get there

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.