FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Booking Spa treatments at T5 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1956049-booking-spa-treatments-t5.html)

CharlotteC Feb 13, 2019 1:27 am

Booking Spa treatments at T5

Hello please can you tell me the best strategy for getting one of the spa treatments at T5. It will be my ‘first First’ and the bookings should open this weekend. Do I call up exactly 28 days before the flight and then email? Please can I ask you experts what should I do. Thank you

DanAirLondon Feb 13, 2019 1:51 am

I have a note in my diary for 28 days prior. I think you are spot on

marshy11 Feb 13, 2019 2:01 am

Originally Posted by CharlotteC (Post 30772420)
Hello please can you tell me the best strategy for getting one of the spa treatments at T5. It will be my ‘first First’ and the bookings should open this weekend. Do I call up exactly 28 days before the flight and then email? Please can I ask you experts what should I do. Thank you

I call at T29. Hasn't failed me yet.

noFODplease Feb 13, 2019 2:15 am

Originally Posted by marshy11 (Post 30772479)

Shh don't reveal the secret.. :D

CharlotteC Feb 13, 2019 2:30 am

Originally Posted by marshy11 (Post 30772479)

Aaah your secret is safe with me ( and everybody else on Flyertalk) - so I will need to call on Friday - T-29 to get the best chance

windowontheAside Feb 13, 2019 2:41 am

If you don't succeed at first, leave it a day or two and call back. Sometimes the diary doesn't open up on time but catches up a few days lafer..

CharlotteC Feb 13, 2019 2:55 am

Thank you - do I call the spa or You First? Many thanks

gms Feb 13, 2019 3:03 am

Originally Posted by CharlotteC (Post 30772579)
Thank you - do I call the spa or You First? Many thanks

You First.

Call, don't email. You First seem to take ages to respond to emails these days.

marshy11 Feb 13, 2019 3:08 am

Originally Posted by CharlotteC (Post 30772537)

Aaah your secret is safe with me ( and everybody else on Flyertalk) - so I will need to call on Friday - T-29 to get the best chance

There is a thread about it somewhere and the consensus seemed to be 30 was too early but 29 was good. Don't bother emailing it takes ages to get a response and when you do they will either book the wrong time or say it's full!

Here it is https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...thread-29.html actually seems to be mixed. Worse case scenario is you ring and they ask you to call back the next day.

BA5E Feb 13, 2019 4:56 am

I would definately call 28 days beforehand, give the times to the person you are talking to and you should not have any problem. Booked our 2 treatments 28 days exactly gave open times within an hour window, and hey presto all done.

Newbtravelle Feb 13, 2019 10:26 am

Rang up this week at T-29 and booked cabana and my facial!

CharlotteC Feb 15, 2019 3:33 pm

Good news! Rang today at 7pm T-29 and spoke to a really helpful lady on You First and booked my massage at the time I wanted. Bingo! And hopefully nothing will go wrong now. Thank you for your advice

TravellerFrequently Feb 15, 2019 5:45 pm

I always try and book when I fly First at T-29 or so. Usually successful but sometimes not.

I flew with a friend last year and could not pre booked as we were not travelling in F. Despite this, we both very lucky to get spa treatments at the B zone spa, so it is always worth asking on the day!

TravellerFrequently Feb 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by CharlotteC (Post 30783732)
Good news! Rang today at 7pm T-29 and spoke to a really helpful lady on You First and booked my massage at the time I wanted. Bingo! And hopefully nothing will go wrong now. Thank you for your advice

Once booked, you will be fine. Have you received an email confirmation?

I hope you enjoy your treatment!

CharlotteC Feb 16, 2019 12:29 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently (Post 30784108)
Once booked, you will be fine. Have you received an email confirmation?

I hope you enjoy your treatment!

Yes thank to you received email confirmation almost immediately after