Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to book BA codeshare?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Possible to book BA codeshare?

Hi, I regularly fly on CX719 which I noticed today also operates as BA4573 from HKG to CGK.

Is there any way to book this with the BA number instead of the CX number? Or is the only way to book a UK to Indonesia ticket via BA? Is the only way to get the codeshare through a married segment?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You generally can’t book a flight like this on a BA code share unless it is part of a single ticket on an ex U.K. flight.

I just tried a dummy booking in the app and whilst the BA codeshare was offerd it wasn’t possible to actually book it as it came up with an error message - unable to get price quote.

I also tried JFK- SFO and the app says BA don’t fly that route but I have a BA codeshare on that sector as part of a LCY-Jfk-SFO trip.

is there a reason why you want it on the BA flight number?
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by UKtravelbear; Feb 12, 2019 at 8:38 pm
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, CX MPC Gold, Avis preferred plus, MyWaitrose card
is there a reason why you want it on the BA flight number?
Presumably to use as a qualifying flight for status retention.

Yes it needs to be part of a booking with another BA flight (in this case, (XXX-)-LON-HKG-CGK as the only BA flights to HKG are from London.

For 4 qualifying flights from the far east one other possibility is SIN-SYD-(somewhere else in AUS/NZ) using BA15/16m which books the domestic QF flights as BA codeshares...
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 12:37 am

Programs: BA
Agreed - we qualified for Silver a few years ago with a BNE-SIN-LHR return trip; the QF-operated BNE-SIN segments were booked under the BA codeshare so counted as qualifying flights.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have a need to fly LHR-MAN-INV-LHR, over a 5-7 day period, spending around 3 days in MAN and 3 days in INV. Can I book this as one using Multi-city and a BA / Logan codeshare between MAN-INV by calling or travel agent? or would I have to book each leg individually and with BA & Logan separate. BA.com does not seem to allow me to be book the MAN-INV bit direct and wants me to go MAN-LHR-INV or MAN-LHR-GLA-xxx-INV.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Akoz
Sorry to bring up an old thread. I have a need to fly LHR-MAN-INV-LHR, over a 5-7 day period, spending around 3 days in MAN and 3 days in INV. Can I book this as one using Multi-city and a BA / Logan codeshare between MAN-INV by calling or travel agent? or would I have to book each leg individually and with BA & Logan separate. BA.com does not seem to allow me to be book the MAN-INV bit direct and wants me to go MAN-LHR-INV or MAN-LHR-GLA-xxx-INV.
Playing with ITA (with the availability checker switched off) is often the quickest way of finding out whether a complex itinerary has valid fares. A quick look suggests that to do this, the MAN-INV sector must be a connection from the LHR-MAN flight. And the maximum permitted connection time looks like it's quite short, certainly lower than the usual 24-hour limit. If that's right, then you can't have a 3-day stopover in Manchester, and it looks like you may well need to book MAN-INV separately.

There's no reason why you can't book LHR-MAN // INV-LHR on one ticket if that is better than booking those two on separate tickets.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.