BA Holidays service

Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:16 am
Original Poster

BA Holidays service

I had an issue last night on the website where it wouldn't accept the 4-digit Amex security code on either my wife's or my cards. I ended up putting down a deposit using a Mastercard (and managed to put my wife's name in incorrectly into the booking too :-( ).
I called the silver line. Twice. Useless. Each time they supposedly put me through to holidays and all I got was loud beeping (I clearly wasn't on hold). I then found a direct number (on the confirmation email) and got straight through to someone who was incredibly helpful and sorted everything out.

And a few weeks ago I was stuck in Stockholm after they closed the airport and the last flight home was cancelled. Again, silver line were useless, and took ages to get through. Once I got through to BA holidays they dealt with it quickly: booked me into the closest hotel and onto a flight of my choosing.

Besides making me wonder why I even bother calling the silver line (gold is no better - I've used that in the past) it does seem that BA holidays have a level of service over and beyond the rest of BA. Long may it last....
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:33 am

Programs: BAEC (Silver), IHG (Plat Elite)
I've had stellar service from them in past too, both times the call centre on the north bank of the Tyne. So patient, and so willing to help. And friendly

Despite what is often posted on here, BA can and do, provide very good customer service when they put their minds to it..
ppp909 and haroon145 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
Despite what is often posted on here, BA can and do, provide very good customer service when they put their minds to it..
Exactly. It does also mean that they're high up on my list when it comes to booking such things.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Their 24 hour duty office for when you are on holiday or are within 2 days of departure. I was in Cancun when hurricane Matthew came in cancelling all flights to/from Miami, I was called within a couple of hours of getting the text message for the cancelled flights (as they knew it would be the afternoon and didn’t want to disturb me) and was given several options to get home including staying at the hotel all inclusive for 3 extra nights and catching the direct flight home. Took the option of travelling home via PHL with the London leg on standby but a hotel at the airport provisionally reserved for me and a flight from PHL-JFK-LHR for the following day if necessary,

Due to the hurricane a lot of people misconnnected at PHl and when the plane from Cancun arrived someone was there with my onward boarding card and another call from the team to make sure I’d got the message of my confirmed seat and new boarding pass. Really outstanding service..
chris1922Mk2 and ppp909 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
I have had absolutely fantastic service when dealing with BA holidays when departing from the UK.

For BA Holidays departing from Europe it is a different story, I wanted to UuA my booking and it took me absolutely ages to get through to their office (days of calling). They have a two minute timeout on the call wait and then it goes to an answerphone that from my experience they never check.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 9:45 am

what is the best way of contacting BA holiday service with a question regarding a flight change? sorry for the hijack...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I have had absolutely fantastic service when dealing with BA holidays when departing from the UK.

For BA Holidays departing from Europe it is a different story, I wanted to UuA my booking and it took me absolutely ages to get through to their office (days of calling). They have a two minute timeout on the call wait and then it goes to an answerphone that from my experience they never check.
I can't answer for your experience but they definitely do check. I was sceptical when I left a message a few weeks back but I had a call back within about 20 minutes.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Mike_Smith
what is the best way of contacting BA holiday service with a question regarding a flight change? sorry for the hijack...
There should be a number for BA Holidays on your hotel voucher or car hire. save this to your phone. If you are more than 2 days away from travel you select one option and you go through to someone in Newcastle I believe. This option is from the morning until 8pm. If you are on holiday or travelling within 2 days you select the other option and this will put you through to the 24 hour duty office in Crawley. Dont attempt to call the duty office if you are more than 2 days away from travel as they will redirect you.
Mike_Smith likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I had a good experience with them during the drone saga late last year. Got a plan b in place with them which thankfully we didn't need to use but found them (or at least the particular lady I spoke to) switched on, knowledgeable and "computer say yes" if you know what I mean!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I've just returned from a BA holiday and we had noise issues at our hotel. BA holidays were first class when helping us move hotel especially when the first hotel got ridiculous with some statements about charging us.

Big thumbs up from me.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by ppp909
I had an issue last night on the website where it wouldn't accept the 4-digit Amex security code on either my wife's or my cards. I ended up putting down a deposit using a Mastercard (and managed to put my wife's name in incorrectly into the booking too :-( ).
I called the silver line. Twice. Useless. Each time they supposedly put me through to holidays and all I got was loud beeping (I clearly wasn't on hold). I then found a direct number (on the confirmation email) and got straight through to someone who was incredibly helpful and sorted everything out.

And a few weeks ago I was stuck in Stockholm after they closed the airport and the last flight home was cancelled. Again, silver line were useless, and took ages to get through. Once I got through to BA holidays they dealt with it quickly: booked me into the closest hotel and onto a flight of my choosing.

Besides making me wonder why I even bother calling the silver line (gold is no better - I've used that in the past) it does seem that BA holidays have a level of service over and beyond the rest of BA. Long may it last....
Why call the silver line when they will just have to transfer you as they cant handle package bookings?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Always call BA holidays not silver/gold/whatever. They are fantastic.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Just to echo others my dealings and experiences with BA Holidays specifically have always been very good.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by chris1922Mk2
I've had stellar service from them in past too, both times the call centre on the north bank of the Tyne. So patient, and so willing to help. And friendly

This lovely message would have brought joy to my heart during my time at BA Towers Newcastle in this very department.
chris1922Mk2 likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I like hearing about great service from BA, but could we now close this thread?
The great service from BA Holidays should be kept secret.

It's a bit like the lounge in T5B. The less that know about it, the better!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.