Wiki Posts
Search

Booking WTP and UuA to CW at T-355

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:56 pm
Original Poster

Booking WTP and UuA to CW at T-355

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked in similar forms many times before, but I couldn't find an answer for this specific scenario:

Is there a way to book a WTP return at T-355 when the inbound leg is two weeks later at T-370? I'd like to upgrade both legs to CW using Avios, and there is absolutely zero chance of any availability on the outbound at T-340.

Some people seem to have been successful in getting a dummy inbound added alongside a note for a free change later on, but I can't find any recent sources confirming this...?

Two one-ways are significantly more expensive, so that unfortunately isn't an option.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No you won't be able to do this, as you'll only be able to book a one way at T-355 and the price will be very high.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, United MP member, Marriott Reward Silver member, IHG, KimptonKarma
You might be lucky like me and find that when your return date goes on sale that the CW I class ticket is what I expected to pay for WTP and you wont have to use you avios points. I booked flights from Wed to Wed a fortnight apart
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:51 am

Programs: BA GGL
I'd book the return at T-355 accepting that you may have to 'suffer' the WTP on the return leg only. The outbound will be immediately upgradable using Avios - and if it's not then you have 24 hours grace to cancel the whole cash booking for free anyway.

If you're quick then you might find that two weeks later the return leg has availability too. Check every day after midnight thereafter and you could get lucky on it.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
I'd book the return at T-355 accepting that you may have to 'suffer' the WTP on the return leg only. The outbound will be immediately upgradable using Avios - and if it's not then you have 24 hours grace to cancel the whole cash booking for free anyway.

If you're quick then you might find that two weeks later the return leg has availability too. Check every day after midnight thereafter and you could get lucky on it.
You won't be able to book the return as the booking window will not be available at T355 ?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
You won't be able to book the return as the booking window will not be available at T355 ?
Oh yes. If it was Avios only then you could put a note in the booking. Cash, true, you can't.

//thinking cap//
Old Feb 12, 2019, 6:46 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
I don't think it's as straightforward a "No" as is being implied.

Discussed here by some of our BA insiders Booking 355 days out when availability first opens up . From various thread though I'm unclear as to whether you book a one-way and then change, or a dummy return date to be amended for free.

But if it's still possible there are still practical difficulties: does BA make T seats (the cheapest WT+ bucket) available at T-355, and is there even a oneway T fare if that's what is required to make this work? I guess you have to call to find out, and hope you get an agent who knows the process.

Otherwise you could consider booking the J seats with full avios and then cancelling them when you're able to complete the UUA booking, hoping they return to inventory. You may still have the zero-T problem though when the inbound comes into range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.