FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   KUL fast track immigration (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1955747-kul-fast-track-immigration.html)

Beergander Feb 11, 2019 9:59 am

KUL fast track immigration

Flying to KUL in a couple of weeks time, do F/J travelers have access to any form of fast tracked immigration service? If if so is it acccessed by showing your boarding pass?

thanks

Geo772 Feb 11, 2019 10:00 am

Yes you do. Have to show the boarding pass at the desk. They do turn people away who don't have one.

Sparkyfletch Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am

In and out by boarding pass through fast track. Last week there were not a single person in line.

charlesrhona Feb 11, 2019 11:29 am

You will also probably be given an Orange Fast Track voucher on your flight. Having said that I have never ever experienced any immigration delays at KUL.

sentosa Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am

Last time we flew into KL, we had Fast Track access.
When we got to the Immigration Desks, there were queues at Fast Track( which were not really very long) but no one at the regular desks, so we went to use that.
When we handed documentation to the officer, he looked surprised and asked why we didn't use Fast Track?
We pointed out the queues, he just smiled and stamped our passports.

subject2load Feb 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Have probably been in & out of KUL more than any other Asian point, and always find their immigration personnel to be pleasant & friendly :)

travelhappypair Feb 11, 2019 12:11 pm

We were there on 2 January, we weren’t given a voucher for fast track but noticed a sign for Business/First passengers and no queue at the desks (despite there being a reasonable queue elsewhere). The immigration officer just asked to see our boarding pass, so we were through immigration before our luggage arrived. Also found that the luggage with priority labels came out first!!

KARFA Feb 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by charlesrhona (Post 30765305)
You will also probably be given an Orange Fast Track voucher on your flight. Having said that I have never ever experienced any immigration delays at KUL.

ba don’t give any vouchers out, but as noted you don’t need them at KUL to use the F/J immigrantion lane.

Big Bad D Feb 12, 2019 5:10 am

Last week arrived in KUL And no fast track vouchers but took only 10-15 minutes to get through immigration on UK passport. Painless and friendly. There are fiest and business lines on leaving KUL - not sure about arriving (never felt need to look). Just show boarding card. Sure there must be times when coincidental flights arriving do make it busy, but based on number of occasions never faced a problem.

eugegall Feb 12, 2019 5:14 am

Does BA silver get fast track?

DoctorCopper Feb 12, 2019 5:30 am

Fast Track arrival (and departure) at KUL is by class of travel (as many have stated up-thread) and not by FF status.

Doc Copper

sentosa Feb 12, 2019 7:22 am

Originally Posted by charlesrhona (Post 30765305)

I think it is Malaysia Airlines that give out orange Fast Track Vouchers on their flights.

charlesrhona Feb 13, 2019 1:17 am

Originally Posted by sentosa (Post 30768636)
I think it is Malaysia Airlines that give out orange Fast Track Vouchers on their flights.

You are correct. Forgot it was MH we flew with as we connect with BA to LHR.

Globalist Feb 13, 2019 2:42 am

Originally Posted by sentosa (Post 30768636)

Generally MH gives these out at check-in. I have a whole stack of those as I don't use them when I fly business and come in really handy when I fly economy to KUL.
Immigration at KL can be a breeze more at times it is an absolute zoo with an hours snaking queue. even the business queue can take a while but is still better.

Globalist

fdem Feb 13, 2019 7:43 am

I just flew that route in f and didn’t notice any fast track however we cleared immigration in minutes unlike many us airports