Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR JFK return offer stacking special (net ~£100)

Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis

Not done one of these for a while, but just booked:

LHR JFK return, out 1805 Jun 7th back 1830 Jun 9th, £275

5000 avios for £100 discount, 8650 avios back, net 3650 (GCH)

Net cash price £175

Same flights available via travelup £252, double price promise returns £50, claim already settled.

So overall net is £125 less the avios, say £35,

final net total £90 (may vary). Lots of other dates and time combos also work. But anyone who cares to join me on this one is welcome. A generous 40 TP too.

Very good deal this 5000/£100. Shanghai looks good in May in Y, and wife and boy off to see the Grandparents in Kul for peanuts (in the sense of not costing much, though there will certainly be real peanuts too) If you can combine with a price promise deal it's fantastic.

Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Is this the same offer but adding the price promise deal?

BA Avios Part payment Offer
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Indeed, and must be booked before the 12th for travel before end June
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Plat
Thanks for the heads up, just booked a trip to NYC over one of the May bank holidays using this. Hopefully BA will approve my claim. Also used travelup.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:07 pm

Programs: FB Gold, Hilton Diamond, some others as well
Hmm great find! Might be booking this soon before the offer ends
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:22 pm

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
Last night I booked using the 5000 avios offer and got NYC for £175 in May. Am I too late to use this price promise thingy or can get it?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:28 pm

Looking at these flights (£270) the avios offer isn't available, but if you change one leg to standard economy (+£40), or choose some £300 flights the offer is available.
Is there some criteria I'm missing for flights under £300?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:06 am

Programs: BA GGL
I have done much the same as bisonrav (who I should thank for originally inspiring me to start the is price checking lark several months ago) for a weekend in May. I used Travel Trolley as my comparison and the voucher was in my account within about 12 hours.

Sorry tazxxx but can't offer any insight on your issue - only looked at the basic economy fares for JFK and BOS (which are quite far enough for me in WT) but saw the £100 on every search.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bisonrav
Not done one of these for a while, but just booked:

LHR JFK return, out 1805 Jun 7th back 1830 Jun 9th, £275

5000 avios for £100 discount, 8650 avios back, net 3650 (GCH)

Net cash price £175

Same flights available via travelup £252, double price promise returns £50, claim already settled.

So overall net is £125 less the avios, say £35,

final net total £90 (may vary). Lots of other dates and time combos also work. But anyone who cares to join me on this one is welcome. A generous 40 TP too.

Very good deal this 5000/£100. Shanghai looks good in May in Y, and wife and boy off to see the Grandparents in Kul for peanuts (in the sense of not costing much, though there will certainly be real peanuts too) If you can combine with a price promise deal it's fantastic.

So it looks like the price comparison holds even after the avios discount brings the total cash paid below that of the comparison site?

Have I got this right ?
Old Feb 12, 2019, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
So it looks like the price comparison holds even after the avios discount brings the total cash paid below that of the comparison site?

Have I got this right ?
Yes, it definitely does - I've just done this to YYZ and gotten a £50 based on the pre-Avios discount price.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 4:14 am

Probably known/mentioned but just for those unaware, the offer doesn't include OW partners.

Priced up a LHR-MIA in May and wondered why it wasn't working, then realised I'd selected the AA flight for the outbound.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by skiaplg
Yes, it definitely does - I've just done this to YYZ and gotten a £50 based on the pre-Avios discount price.

Thanks! I suppose it makes sense avios is a currency: of sorts.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Beirut is also great for this, I'd have done it but I couldn't make dates line up. As described previously, it books into N so very good TP and Avios return. And UuA available for them as do that sort of thing.

Funny thing this time is that I nearly didn't check the NY fare as I thought £275 was as good as it was going to get. Then BA decided they wanted screen shots of the trip to KL I set up for my wife, and that annoyed me sufficiently to have a look at skyscanner for my trip.
LSunbury and MrPrice16 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by bisonrav
Beirut is also great for this, I'd have done it but I couldn't make dates line up. As described previously, it books into N so very good TP and Avios return. And UuA available for them as do that sort of thing.

Funny thing this time is that I nearly didn't check the NY fare as I thought £275 was as good as it was going to get. Then BA decided they wanted screen shots of the trip to KL I set up for my wife, and that annoyed me sufficiently to have a look at skyscanner for my trip.
Well thank you for posting as I had completely not thought of the deal and it was great savings on my trip to Toronto. It may not be the best £ value then other destinations, but I needed to go anyways!
Old Feb 12, 2019, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Does anyone know if this can be achieved for multiple tickets (ie me + 3 family members)? So one ticket + 20,000 avios + one price-check claim = 4 x £130 tickets
Or is it one lot of Avios + one price claim per person? Don't really want to have to try to get four separate tickets.
Thanks

Found the answer in the T&Cs just as I hit send!

Sorry but leaving it up in case it helps others.
  1. The offer entitles Eligible Members booking Eligible Flights at ba.com or via a British Airways contact centre, to receive a discount of £100 per person in exchange for 5000 Avios per person (for up to 9 persons within one booking) when travelling before 30 June 2019. If there is more than one person on the booking, the Member must have 5000 Avios per person in their account to take advantage of this offer. E.g. for a return booking with 4 people, the Member must have 20,000 Avios to save £100 per person.

Last edited by SavvyTravel; Feb 12, 2019 at 10:40 am Reason: Update

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.