Wiki Posts
Search

BA292 changed from 787 to 777 ....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
No, I was referring to the amount of threads starting "BA283 tonight" or similar - which you then click into to find the poster wants to know the reg or type of aircraft for IFE / WIFI / whatever other reason !
Thank you for the suggestion/feedback, this is something the BA Moderators and Ambassadors are discussing.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by grantsteve
Other than starting a thread on here with the flight number and date, how do 'we' see which airframe we are on?
- go to Flightradar24, search on Flight Number, you will then see the frame
- go to thebasource to find out IFE standard in the Fleet section.
- go to the Dashboard for the wifi status.
It's not perfect, not least as here when there is last minute change since Flightradar isn't a perfect data source. You can also look at Expertflyer and work out the frame type and thus work out the likely IFE and wifi status if you know your equipment well enough (or search the relevant FT threads).

[There is an offline discussion between Ambassadors / Mods on how to handle this going forward].
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:29 am

Programs: UA GS, Bonvoy Amabassador, Hertz PC
Other than starting a thread on here with the flight number and date, how do 'we' see which airframe we are on?

on BA, I have no idea, on UA the flight details has the tail ID (or some goofy UA number which can also easily be looked up) as soon as the aircraft is assigned to your flight - typically 48-72hrs before the flight
Not sure if EF would provide that data
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
By posting to an existing thread - hence the suggestion for a dedicated one.

Too many new threads are started willy-nilly when they don't need to be.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
By posting to an existing thread - hence the suggestion for a dedicated one.

Too many new threads are started willy-nilly when they don't need to be.
Context is key here. My question was posed in response to Hipplewm's scenario which started from a base of everyone knowing which airframe was assgined to their flight. I didn't know there was a publicly available resource to do this, until CWS posted. CWS' method seems pretty clear and simple to me but I would be more than happy to keep all chat related to those subjects in a single, dedicated thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.