Wiki Posts
Search

Using ONBusiness points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, AVIS Presidents Club
Using ONBusiness points

I have a trip planned to USA for July next year and am happy to book premium economy each way and as there is currently reward availability use Avios to upgrade my overnight return leg to club. I do I however have plenty of ONBUsiness points to use, enough to upgrade the return leg using OB points. I cant seem to see a way to do that easily, is it even possible and if I cant achieve online do I need to call up to do it?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
I don’t think you can use onBusiness points for upgrades, only to book tickets. I may be wrong?
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
You can use OnBusiness points to upgrade but only at the time of original booking. You can do this online, and it can be both ways or just one-way.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

The OnBusiness page indicates that its 13,000 OB point to upgrade from prem to club world one way but I cant find if I have to upgrade at booking stage or after the fact, or if I can book on my exec club account and then use ONbusiness points to upgrade.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Originally Posted by Infocustv
The OnBusiness page indicates that its 13,000 OB point to upgrade from prem to club world one way but I cant find if I have to upgrade at booking stage or after the fact, or if I can book on my exec club account and then use ONbusiness points to upgrade.
My understanding is that you must make the booking through OnB, either online or on the phone, to use OnB points for upgrades. You can of course add your BAEC number during the booking process.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

When I'm on the ONBusiness dashboard page and go to book flights it just routes me to my own Exec club log-in. So looks like I'll need to call up.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 1:16 pm

When I'm on the ONBusiness dashboard page and go to book flights it just routes me to my own Exec club log-in. So looks like I'll need to call up.
Sometimes this error is caused bevause you have been logged into exec. Make sure you log out and then clear history n cookies and then try log back into onbiz
memesweeper likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2018, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Or alternatively to AnonBA's suggestion, use a different browser for your own BAEC and OnBiz activities. I always do one from Firefox and the other from Chrome, so I don't have to keep deleting cookies etc...
hessbo, Anonba and orbitmic like this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by manord
My understanding is that you must make the booking through OnB, either online or on the phone, to use OnB points for upgrades. You can of course add your BAEC number during the booking process.
At a recent dinner, a guest stated that you can now use OB points to upgrade any booking made on BA website (not OB website).
Anyone got confirmation?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by DrBernardo
Or alternatively to AnonBA's suggestion, use a different browser for your own BAEC and OnBiz activities. I always do one from Firefox and the other from Chrome, so I don't have to keep deleting cookies etc...
thats what I do to and the only way to make it work in my case...
Old Dec 19, 2018, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by brunos
At a recent dinner, a guest stated that you can now use OB points to upgrade any booking made on BA website (not OB website).
Anyone got confirmation?
I can confirm myself as I did it.
Apparently this has been the case for a while.
They state on their website that you can now do it with a booking made by a TA.However, you cannot upgrade one leg with Avios and the other with OB.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: BA*GGL, A3*G, AF*P, VS*S
Does anyone know which booking class is eligible for upgrade? Is it the same as for Avios (ie everything except the cheapest economy)? And is it then subject to the same availability in the higher class as it is for a regular OB redemption (V/T/R/A) or does it need there to be Avios bucket availability?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.