Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Missing executive Club Tier points for Iberia flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing executive Club Tier points for Iberia flights

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Unhappy Missing executive Club Tier points for Iberia flights

HI All

I also flew Iberia Express from Madrid to Berlin that offered a paid upgrade to business in the checkin process. When this transaction posted to my account only 5 tier points posted instead of the 40 expected tier points. When i queried the tier points with BA this is the response i got :

Dear Mr Emirateslhr

Thank you for contacting the Club - it's nice to hear from you.

I am sorry you were disappointed your flight with Iberia on 6 February 2019 was credited with less Avios and Tier Points than you were expecting. I've checked your account and you have earned the correct Avios and Tier Points.

Iberia's records confirm that you paid for a promotional upgrade to Business. While this allows you to enjoy the benefits of the new cabin both on-board and at the airport, I'm sorry to say the terms of the upgrade mean you do not earn extra Avios or Tier Points. We have credited your account with the Avios and Tier Points for your original booking in Economy.

I know this is not the answer you were hoping for but, to be fair to all our Members, we have to stick to our membership guidelines, which you can see online at ba.com.

You can find more useful information on eligible classes and Executive Club partners, click here:https://www.britishairways.com/travel/collect-avios

and the full terms and conditions of the Executive Club, click here: https://ba.com/travel/ec-terms-and-c...s/public/en_gb

If you have any other queries, please contact your Executive Club Service Centre.

The details can be found here: http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e-club/public/

I hope you find this response helpful and you continue to enjoy your Executive Club membership.

Now i cant say that I am surprised but the only reason i paid to upgrade is that i needed those tiers points to move to the next tier. Am i correct to have expected the 40 Avios as i paid for the upgrade ? There was nothing on the page that said i will getting my original miles and there was nothing in the referenced links as well (unless i'm missing something here )

Do i have further recourse or is the Executive Club response correct ?
Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:27 am

Programs: BA Gold
Unfortunately the response is correct. Whilst BA credits the additional tier points for a paid upgrade, Iberia and others do not.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:48 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I’ve been just fallen for this malarkey too, upgraded both legs for the tier points and just received a nasty 5 tier points this morning
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:43 am

Unfortunately BA is the outlier in that most airlines don't credit increased TPs on promotional upgrades. Most people learn the hard way. It's not an obvious question to ask when your home airline does it.
RockyRobin likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 3:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
There are quite a few threads on this now, but the best place to get a list of which oneworld upgrades credit TPs is in the current TP Run thread (it's an annual-ish thread). KARFA's post 5 lists the airlines and the various exceptions. The TP Run thread is to be found via the BA Forum Dashboard.
RockyRobin and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
I found this thread 2 minutes after accepting a promotional upgrade in the app while checking in
The TPs would have been nice but the offer was £65 for LHR-MAD on an A330 so that's still good value for a much better seat and a decent lunch, imho.
Bluekjp likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.