Am I still Silver?

Old Feb 9, 19, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Am I still Silver?

So, I'm just wondering

My tier point collection ended yesterday, they reset my points and took 585 TP for the year - now, I have 2 flights booked, of which, one next week to make up the 15 TP to secure the 600TP needed to retain my Silver status.

I'll show you what it says on the app, my question is....

have I been retained for silver for another year with 585 points? or will I have to call BA to tell them I took an extra flight for my 2-weeks extension?

Thanks

Old Feb 9, 19, 2:16 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
if your tier point collection year ended feb 8th then you are silver till end of march

once you complete your flights you can phone BA to get the points added to what is now last year
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Indeed it is only showing what it should be showing until your membership year (as opposed to collection year) ends. If you were close and had been Silver for a while they sometimes keep you as Silver at least for one year. You may get a hint of this via Executive Club Items page on the main BAEC website. See the first 4 posts of this thread:

A brief guide to moving between Tiers in the BAEC
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
your picture seems to show a valid to 25 July 2018 date so it seems to be an old photo and not sure how the collection year would end feb 8th 2019 based on that
Old Feb 9, 19, 2:25 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
If you scroll further down that screen it will say 'collection year ends 8 Feb 2020' and below that 'card expiry' - is that 31 march 2020 (yay!) or 2019 (boo)?
Old Feb 9, 19, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Originally Posted by scottishpoet View Post
your picture seems to show a valid to 25 July 2018 date so it seems to be an old photo and not sure how the collection year would end feb 8th 2019 based on that
Is that not the mini card thumbnail showing Mr John Smith with only 1,000 avios and an expiry date of 25 July. You get the real personalised card only when you tap on the card and get the fill size version.
Old Feb 9, 19, 4:55 am
Original Poster

my tier point collection year ends 08 feb 2020 but card expiry is 2019.

I guess it means I'll need to call BA when I completed my flights this week coming, to make up for the 600 TP

and yes the little card i crossed out is the "john smith one"
Old Feb 9, 19, 5:33 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn View Post

Is that not the mini card thumbnail showing Mr John Smith with only 1,000 avios and an expiry date of 25 July. You get the real personalised card only when you tap on the card and get the fill size version.
it could well be. If that's the case they are not exactly personal details, not sure why they were scrubbed, and not something I am familiar with as I do not get that on the android app. My "sample" card has no name on it
Old Feb 9, 19, 7:25 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by xmrbrightside89 View Post
I guess it means I'll need to call BA when I completed my flights this week coming, to make up for the 600 TP
Shouldn't be a problem. BA extends a two week grace period.