Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do you change into your PJ’s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
If you’re young, attractive and female and the rest of the cabin aren’t, then I imagine you won’t get too many complaints if you do it in the middle of the cabin. Presumably the same applies if the sexes are reversed.

Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:22 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by anniegray
I've changed whilst sitting in my seat if I'm in row 1 on the right plane where no-one can really see me

Haha I’ve done this too but only changing back into my normal clothes near the end of the flight (and underneath a blanket) Haha. 😝
anniegray and Tony Stockton like this.

Last edited by 355F1; Feb 9, 2019 at 6:08 pm
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:23 am

If you get changed in a lounge, please remember to bring your clothes with you onto the aircraft......saves embarrassment at the other end of the flight....
BA5E, nancypants and Tony Stockton like this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:28 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by flygirl68
If you get changed in a lounge, please remember to bring your clothes with you onto the aircraft......saves embarrassment at the other end of the flight....
and do not expect the crew to wash your smalls either. Unlike that man coming in from NRT. I change in the lav. The days are long gone when they used to shout "Get'em off" - now the cry is usually " Get bl**dy dressed you daft old bat"
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by anniegray
I've changed whilst sitting in my seat if I'm in row 1 on the right plane where no-one can really see me
What would “the right plane” be ? Presumably one with suites and closing doors ...... ??
Tony Stockton likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by subject2load

What would “the right plane” be ? Presumably one with suites and closing doors ...... ??
Hi,

I would suspect row 1 on a 747 with no one in the adjacent seat at the time ( of course the risk factor might be someone coming to use the cupboard) -but that is what makes life exciting- not that I have changed into PJs in row 1 of a 747!!!

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Toilets for me.

Maybe if BA had full on suites with closing doors I *may* do so there.

I've seen passengers not bothering to get changed again before the flight lands and still in their First PJs at the UK Border....
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Paren
Toilets for me.

Maybe if BA had full on suites with closing doors I *may* do so there.

I've seen passengers not bothering to get changed again before the flight lands and still in their First PJs at the UK Border....

In which case, every justification for them to be denied entry. The UK is already a scruffy enough country as it is.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
I change in the loo once airborne.
I do the same but before take off. I sometimes fall asleep while the flight was getting reading to lift off and don’t wish to have to disturb my sleep just to get changed.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Also see here for related recent chatter on the subject:

Preparing for our second First
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by subject2load

In which case, every justification for them to be denied entry. The UK is already a scruffy enough country as it is.
I can only hope they at least get dressed in the Arrivals Lounge rather than going home or to work in PJs...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
I get changed in the loo before takeoff and then about 40/45 mins to landing.

The practicality of changing in the lounge I understand, but I couldn’t face wearing PJs outside the cabin. I’m sure it wouldn’t be Pucci’s style.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:42 am

On the A380 and 777 at the front beside the toilets by the doors there is a curtained area private and for sure more comfortable than a toilet, I often offer this choice.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:03 am

I once saw a guy strip down to his boxers and put on his PJs in the CW aisle from Muscat.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oldone
On the A380 and 777 at the front beside the toilets by the doors there is a curtained area private and for sure more comfortable than a toilet, I often offer this choice.
That's a good idea. I kept banging my elbows and knees whenever I changed in the lavatory.....anyone outside must have wondered what I was doing in there.

I wear comfortable clothing so I didn't bother changing into them on the last couple of F flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.