Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where do you change into your PJ’s

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by jdsworld
First time I flew in BA F was also my first time being given PJs on a flight. I wouldn't have thought they'd be anywhere else where a normal person would change into them other than the bathroom. My dilemma was whether or not to keep my underwear on under the PJs. I usually sleep in PJs with no underwear (as it's not healthy), and in order to help me sleep I wondered if sleeping how I usually do (without underwear) would make it easier to sleep.

Perhaps that is a whole other thread...
TMI !
MrPrice16 and Tony Stockton like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jdsworld
I usually sleep in PJs with no underwear (as it's not healthy), and in order to help me sleep I wondered if sleeping how I usually do (without underwear) would make it easier to sleep.
I usually sleep in nothing at all, and while I'm confident it would make it easier to sleep on planes if I slept as I usually do, I suspect that not everyone on board would appreciate my doing so. (Not sure if that should be or or ).
Eskimoboy and Tony Stockton like this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 6:12 pm

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
If something were ever to happen, I would not like to be found in a PJ. Even one with a big fat First on it. I prefer good old Guggenheim’s choice of changing into his black (or was it white?) tie on the Titanic.
HIDDY and Tony Stockton like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by anabolism
I usually sleep in nothing at all, and while I'm confident it would make it easier to sleep on planes if I slept as I usually do, I suspect that not everyone on board would appreciate my doing so. (Not sure if that should be or or ).
Since most of us have not met you, can we add an icon for "not sure" ?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:41 am
Suspended

Perhaps BA need to copy Etihad https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/experie...sidence/#t1-p1 for A380s to avoid some PJ changing horrors.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Platinum, Hhonors Gold, Sirius Silver, Amex Platinum, BA Amex PP
A flight I was on last year, I can't remember where to, I was in 2A and I noticed the passenger in 1E stripping off to change at his seat. Top half was changed first, then came the bottom half. Unfortunately Mr 1E wasn't wearing any underwear so I was treated to the sight of a half covered naked posterior for a few seconds until the bottom half was in place, at the same time as he was trying to pull the top half down as far as possible to protect his dignity. Amused me no end. To be fair it was his first F as I had overheard the jist of his conversation with the CSD during their welcome greeting. I'm glad to say he got re-dressed in the toilet at the end of the flight.
HFHFFlyer and Tony Stockton like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 11:14 pm

I can't take the credit for either starring in or taking the photo but THIS is exactly why you don't change into your PJ's at your seat.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
On the 744s in F, I like to do it in the cupboard at the front of the cabin. If I can get the timing right, I can usually elicit a mild shriek accompanied by a comment like “British Airways really isn’t what it used to be” from a passenger seeking to hang her coat.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:24 am

I never use the PJs ... can't be bothered but I imagine if I did, I would change in the lounge.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:57 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by charlieboy77
I can't take the credit for either starring in or taking the photo but THIS is exactly why you don't change into your PJ's at your seat.
So to whom should we give credit for sharing this horror with us? Madame Tussaud?

I am neither offended nor shocked but just staggered how little decorum there is these days.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:49 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
I've changed in the bathrooms and galleys before. Galleys when there is a very long bathroom line before landing and the cabin crew designates the area behind the galley curtain as a changing room. And I've been one of those that trekked through the airport in pjs due to a plane going mechanical. But this just reaffirms the ground staff DYKWIA without saying it
Tony Stockton likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:13 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
I find changing in the toilets hard as they are too small and I've pulled a muscle before. Emirates F A380's toilet is at least large enough!

In the good old days you could change in the cockpit.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I tend to have food in normal clothes and then get the seat made up into a bed while I change in the lavs. Seems to work well as a strategy for me on the few occasions I've flown F.

Wierdly still haven't flown J since the bedding enhancements there. All shorthaul the last year and a bit, plus sporadic LH in F. I imagine my routine would be the same though...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:30 pm

At the end of the day, you are taking a ride on public transport. So when I get changed I do so behind closed and locked doors and as they generally won't evacuate the cockpit (pun intended) for me, it has to be the lavatory/bathroom/restroom/loo etc.

I do not get changed until we have reached cruising altitude or are at least a good way towards it. Not only is there the whole deplaning thing if the plane goes tech on the ground (or any one of an array of other things that can cause premature reverse boarding preventing pushback) but there's also the possibility of the plane going tech in the air / incomplete takeoff / combined takeoff and landing! The most critical parts of any flight are takeoff and landing. When those are going on I want to be ready for action - and not "commando" style action! That means wearing complete and real clothes (that won't melt on my body if there is a fire in the cabin) and robust footwear so I can scramble under/over/round/through anything or anyone that I need to, and/or perform acts I wouldn't otherwise dream of doing under normal public transportation situations. Safety first. Champagne second. Pajamas Third.

rb211.
1Aturnleft, HMPS, greg5 and 2 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.