Where do you change into your PJ’s

Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:49 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by marcosscriven
Does anyone just sleep in their normal clothes?
I do, on the basis that my preference, Chanel No. 5, probably isn't a good idea.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:58 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Looks like I’m missing all the fun. I’ve never seen anyone change in the galley!
Aren't you asking for a sexual harassment charge or a hot spalsh from the prep that is going on ?
Tony Stockton likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:11 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by worldtrav
In the lav before take off on every long haul flight regardless of day or night time. I did once spot a guy in 1K (747) strip down to his underwear and put the PJ's on while sitting in his seat. Common decency has long ago evacuated this planet.
Interesting. We all have our viewpoint on what common decency is or is not.To me,sitting in your seat and changing does not, as long as he was not making an exhibition of himself, or stripped naked with children present That said, neither my husband nor I would change at our seat on an aircraft. Were you in 1A?

Like many topics here, it is interesting to see other people's views. Having been a Nurse may well have influenced my perspective.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:28 pm
Suspended

In the airport hotel bedroom with >300 thread count bedding.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Some older reports and experiences with changing into pajamas:
Pyjama etiquette
TFTG: OT - Overdue - and OTT The Return of Jewel and Bunny (yes you read right!)
F sleeper suits - do you use them?
Half naked in F
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by Paren
I can only hope they at least get dressed in the Arrivals Lounge rather than going home or to work in PJs...
I will confess to occasionally deciding another 20 minutes sleep on the way back from JFK was preferable to bothering to change on the plane and been 'that person' at immigration. I have subsequently seriously considered just getting in the car and driving (20 minutes) home but to date have thought better of it and changed in the arrivals lounge...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Generally in the bathroom, but I have once overslept and it was 20 minutes to landing when I woke. I changed back in my seat using the blanket strategically. I was in 2K or 3K on a 777.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:14 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, Virgin Flying Club
First time I flew in BA F was also my first time being given PJs on a flight. I wouldn't have thought they'd be anywhere else where a normal person would change into them other than the bathroom. My dilemma was whether or not to keep my underwear on under the PJs. I usually sleep in PJs with no underwear (as it's not healthy), and in order to help me sleep I wondered if sleeping how I usually do (without underwear) would make it easier to sleep.

Perhaps that is a whole other thread...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 5:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jdsworld
First time I flew in BA F was also my first time being given PJs on a flight. I wouldn't have thought they'd be anywhere else where a normal person would change into them other than the bathroom. My dilemma was whether or not to keep my underwear on under the PJs. I usually sleep in PJs with no underwear (as it's not healthy), and in order to help me sleep I wondered if sleeping how I usually do (without underwear) would make it easier to sleep.

Perhaps that is a whole other thread...
Funny you should ask....some weirdo started such a thread years ago.

Do you keep your underwear on when wearing F jammies?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:15 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Funny you should ask....some weirdo started such a thread years ago.

Do you keep your underwear on when wearing F jammies?
LMAO!!!🤣🤣🤣

I love this forum.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 9:01 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Plenty of people do. But I don't like to do that. I don't routinely sleep in my normal clothes when I'm at home, and for the same reasons I like to change when I'm on board an aircraft.

Back to the original topic of this thread: I have once had to change in my seat at the end of a flight, when it became pretty clear that there wouldn't be enough time for me to do it in the loo. A blanket can cover a multitude of sins, and I wasn't exactly getting naked.
If I am traveling in the winter from a cold country, I just wear thin pajama bottom under my jeans. The top is no problem to wear under either .
Old Feb 10, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by Rubecula
I get changed in the loo before take off but wear a jacket for departure in the hope I will not look a complete plonker if subsequently need to deplane. Thankfully I have never had to test my theory.
Once, on an AA 77W in F from LAX to LHR, I changed into PJs during boarding, hung my clothes in the closet, and was checking the movie list when we were informed there was a problem with the plane and we had to deplane. I grabbed my clothes on their hanger and my suitcase, and stood in the gate area with everyone else, in PJs, with my clothes hanger on my suitcase handle. A few FAs and GAs told me I looked cute and cozy. Luckily, we were able to get back on after an hour or so.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:24 am

Programs: NZ Gold, BA Gold, QF Silver, IHG Platinum Elite Ambassador, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by User Name
I usually walk back to economy to change. I like to think that it brightens up their otherwise mundane journey.
On QF it's much more effective, with the enormous black kangaroo emblazened across your chest once you change. Take the amenity kit too, and QF gives you slippers in F, and it helps that economy is directly behind you and plenty are always awake to notice.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 4:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by subject2load

What would “the right plane” be ? Presumably one with suites and closing doors ...... ??
Ive put my bra back on in a closed door suite
Old Feb 10, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I remember one of my first BA FIRSTs when a rather older gentleman, not seated in 1A, stood in the aisle and stripped down to his boxers and put on his pyjamas. I reckoned that he normally had a valet or two, and perhaps courtiers, with him when he undresses, so it was nothing unusual at all.

My rather more middle class sensibilities prevail, I'm afraid. I've always thought that although the FIRST or Club World cabins are appropriate places to sleep, they are not places for doing any number of other things that people do in their bedrooms.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.