TPs on S7

Old Feb 8, 2019, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

TPs on S7

Hello,
I'm planning a trip outbound PEK-TBS via OVB (Beijing to Tbilisi via Nobosibirsk) and returning EVN (Yerevan)-ICN via OVB on S7.

According to the BA TP calculator PEK-OVB is 40 TPs in Business and PEK-ICN is 140 TPs in business however it will not display the EVN-OVB or OVB-TBS legs.
Is anyone able to help? Although the S7 business class is only a US style domestic first class, if either of these legs earn 140s then I might book to help with my TP balance. I've tried guessing the distances and based on flight time they look borderline between 40 and 140 TPs.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:04 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
GCmap.com should help with distances, although this may not be what the airline records it as.
OVB-EVN IS 2,024 miles
OVB-TVS is 1,938 miles
Old Feb 9, 2019, 2:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you - called BA and they are checking with Oneworld. Clearly not a frequently flown route!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by madfish
GCmap.com should help with distances, although this may not be what the airline records it as.
OVB-EVN IS 2,024 miles
OVB-TVS is 1,938 miles
I had slight issues with discrepancies between what BA thinks and GCMap’s report - I found ExpertFlyer to match what the agent was saying, though it was admittedly a very small sample.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

BA replied to confirm the route is worth 1740 Avios at 100% earning rate (e.g. Y, B, H, K booking codes), and 20 TPs (40 in business).

In case others read this in the future, I've learnt that when booking on s7's website, you can choose between Economy Restricted and Economy Flexible. Despite what one might think, this is not related to the underlying booking class (e.g. selecting Economy Flexible does not mean you are getting a Y or B booking code). The website will sell you the cheapest available booking code (e.g. S, T, or whatever) and then within that code you can select Restricted or Flexible (Flexible gives things such as baggage allowance etc).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.