Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

1h30 into the flight and told no LPGS left!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1h30 into the flight and told no LPGS left!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ukiechris
Back in the day when JAL served Salon, they loaded the total of 3 (three bottles) for both the outbound and return. Many times the first two were consumed on the leg leaving Japan and only one left for the return.
Thats for the 8 seat cabin. Rarely full though. Mostly 4/8.
Luckily Japanese businessman, elderly couples, and rich gamers, aren’t known for drinking bubbly at 11 am.
So I am proud to admit of being responsible for consuming the entire stock of 3 bottles of Salon (both 04 and 06) on more than one round trip.
My last flight 2 years ago JFK-NRT I was told they only had 2, though maybe we got lucky and only 1 was consumed on the inbound. Cabin was 7/8 and I think only maybe 3-4 of us were drinking it. I actually liked the backup Charles Heidseick 1995 better, at least at altitude, and was more than happy to sample the wines, sakes, and teas.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
My first trip to Scotland was in May 1998. Coincidentally, Scotland qualified for the World Cup in Paris that year. I remember hearing shortly after that trip that a chartered flight from Glasgow to Paris, filled with football fans, had to divert to Manchester when the flight ran out of alcohol and the natives got restless!
I attended some games in that World Cup, as a neutral, so was on a BA flight (I think out of T4 at the time) to CDG that June. There were a large number of Scotland fans with us - I’ve never seen so many mini Single Malt bottles consumed on a 60 minute flight! I was seriously impressed, particularly when the Cabin Crew gave the some more to consume during their onward journey ...
Old Feb 9, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
#prayforBA11
Old Feb 9, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by ijgordon

My last flight 2 years ago JFK-NRT I was told they only had 2, though maybe we got lucky and only 1 was consumed on the inbound. Cabin was 7/8 and I think only maybe 3-4 of us were drinking it. I actually liked the backup Charles Heidseick 1995 better, at least at altitude, and was more than happy to sample the wines, sakes, and teas.
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
I attended some games in that World Cup, as a neutral, so was on a BA flight (I think out of T4 at the time) to CDG that June. There were a large number of Scotland fans with us - I’ve never seen so many mini Single Malt bottles consumed on a 60 minute flight! I was seriously impressed, particularly when the Cabin Crew gave the some more to consume during their onward journey ...
Sounds like BA pax love their champers more than other s!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Tesco, Nectar
I'm really hoping they put enough LPGS for my next flight in F or I may end up in the DYKWIA forum!

Would BA generally give avios compensation if LPGS runs out and you complain?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by megaloman
En route to Singapore on BA11, lovely crew. 1h30 into the flight was told no more LPGS left! How am I going to survive next 11h?!
You should have asked them whether they had any Buckfast on the flight!!!
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: BA Gold
On a recent late-night departure JFK-LHR the majority of the F cabin (myself included) went straight to sleep. In the morning during the breakfast run, a crew member came through from business to find ‘more champagne’, took the LPGS and proceeded to mix it with orange juice!

needless to say I was appalled!
TTmex likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 6:41 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Fitch
Just as a data point, BA 31 to HKG on Thursday night had 6 bottles of LPGS loaded and we polished them all off before the pre-dinner drinks round...

The positive was that it did lead me to start on what turned out to be a delicious Meursault
I alluded to this up-thread. Seems we were on the same flight...

Doc Copper

Last edited by DoctorCopper; Feb 9, 2019 at 6:47 pm
Old Feb 9, 2019, 7:02 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ukiechris
Back in the day when JAL served Salon, they loaded the total of 3 (three bottles) for both the outbound and return. Many times the first two were consumed on the leg leaving Japan and only one left for the return.
Thats for the 8 seat cabin. Rarely full though. Mostly 4/8.
Luckily Japanese businessman, elderly couples, and rich gamers, aren’t known for drinking bubbly at 11 am.
So I am proud to admit of being responsible for consuming the entire stock of 3 bottles of Salon (both 04 and 06) on more than one round trip.
But thats only in the very last 1-2 years! supply before was 6 bottles of Salon, not sure if per leg (my companion and I once finished 4 and 1/2 on one of those infamous SFO-HND with only ‘supper’ service)
Anyways, I’ve also had two instances this past year when BA First ran out of LPGS, once on LAS-LHR when they claimed they had finished it on the inbound leg (unacceptable and against company policy to open the return leg carts!) and once on LAX-LHR when it finished mid flight
BUT last April AF LaPremiere managed from takeoff to landing to serve their Charles Heidsieck (J Champagne) as first class bubbles, with the FA pretending that (and not La Grande Dame or Krug, cant remember) was the one on offer in P. Cathering issue of some type, uhm...My complaint to La Premiere line was ridiculed...the person on the phone told me ‘maybe you were the only connoisseur on board...’😤
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold
On the flight back from SFO to LHR last night there was no LPGS whatsoever. Apparently all used on the outbound flight. I assume this would qualify for around 100k avios compensation?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by startup_salary_servant
On the flight back from SFO to LHR last night there was no LPGS whatsoever. Apparently all used on the outbound flight. I assume this would qualify for around 100k avios compensation?
No LPGS?
On my last flight (LHR-SFO) they ran out of sparkling water. Before the meal service.
(And I do mean my last flight on BA.)
Old May 14, 2019, 7:42 pm

On tonight’s BA56 from JNB only one bottle loaded and ran out after an hour.
Old May 14, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by startup_salary_servant
??? I thought this wasn’t possible as carts were labeled (and bonded) for specific use on each leg?
Old May 14, 2019, 11:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Could LPGS have been enhanced away to the Brussels route and served in CE as PDB 😀 alongside a scone or French fries?
florens and EDIwanderer like this.

Last edited by BAEC; May 15, 2019 at 12:01 am
Old May 15, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Only 2 bottles of LPGS were loaded on my flight from CPT-LHR, complained to Customer Service, and they said it was a once off error by the caterers at Heathrow and was duly noted, which meant bu**er off, and tough luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.