Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold Card First Wing Check In - Family of 4

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:18 am
Original Poster

I have just moved up from BA Silver to BA Gold. Having recently flown BA F to Asia i was impressed with the BA First check in area / fast track, dedicated security and direct lounge entry..

It however got me thinking.. if i was travelling with my family - Wife and 2 children - I assume i'd only be eligible to check in at the First class area (for all 4 of us) - and then have to come out and go via standard security? Obviously the entrance after the First security is straight into the lounge and i would only be eligible for 1 guest?

Who polices this policy as there is no real lounge staff in the "back" entrance to the first lounge?? I guess it's just the security person as they would be required to manually put 3 people in via fast track security - which then goes directly into the lounge?!?

Thanks
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Gold, Eurostar CB, FB Explorer
There are BA staff and then HAL staff at the entrance to the first wing.

Thus 2 boarding pass checks. One to look at lounge eligibility, one to approve onward entrance to the HAL security scanning process.

​​​​
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
And those scanners check your BP and I assume status

Yes, you may get away with it.. but you may not be thanked by your wife and children for chancing it and being turned away..
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:30 am
Original Poster

I wouldn't dream of chancing it as i know it's not something which is allowed.. just couldn't remember any checks regarding lounge entry?
golfmad likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

In the last few years BA have allowed some flexibility re extra guesting into LHR lounges at Easter, Summer and School holidays and I think I am right in saying that GGL's got up to 5 people into GF and plain Golds got the same into Galleries Club.

There's a thread somewhere which I'll try and dig out so if your travelling at these times keep an eye out for such 'offers' which may be beneficial to yourselves
Old Feb 8, 2019, 6:35 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by BusinessOnly
I wouldn't dream of chancing it as i know it's not something which is allowed.. just couldn't remember any checks regarding lounge entry?
Too distracted with the new shiny status?

happyintheair has explained it correctly, there are 2 stages. First set of podiums manned by BA staff who check lounge eligibility for you and any guest(s), then the automated gates to enter the security channel, with a HAL employee manning the manual gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.