BA Avios Part payment Offer

Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:26 am

Is there any downside to part paying with Avios, other than the loss of Avios? Does it impact ability to upgrade via UUA, POUG, AUP? Anything else?

rb211.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by RB211
Is there any downside to part paying with Avios, other than the loss of Avios? Does it impact ability to upgrade via UUA, POUG, AUP? Anything else?

rb211.
The downside is you usually get a poor rate for your avios. The rest stays the same.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:08 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

It seems to work for flights from the UK also for thoe BA Executive Club Members which are not resident in the UK. I see and get if also for flight departing from LHR despite being Gemany based and so is my account.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Good to see one of my favourite BA deals back. £175 for a weekend in NYC with the gf at pretty much the same price of a train trip to Scotland booked on the day. 2 long, boozy sessions in the CCR at both ends to say a sad farewell to my soon-to-be-no-more CCR card. And almost 9k avios for the pleasure. Complete no-brainer as far as I’m concerned.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 12:16 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Nuts, need after June.
would like to see more of these promos whereby they make Avios points actually worth having !!
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
This is my preferred use of Avios at the moment, given my personal situation. So I got excited with this offer, given I wanted to book at return AMM trip in June, in WT of course. But it only offers me the option to exchange 5k of Avios for £100. Previously it went up to something like £190 for 20k odd. How frustrating! I read the offer that 10k would have got me £200 etc. Have I misunderstood or am I doing something wrong?
Old Feb 9, 2019, 1:45 am

Programs: BAEC - Lowly blue
Originally Posted by stevebintley
This is my preferred use of Avios at the moment, given my personal situation. So I got excited with this offer, given I wanted to book at return AMM trip in June, in WT of course. But it only offers me the option to exchange 5k of Avios for £100. Previously it went up to something like £190 for 20k odd. How frustrating! I read the offer that 10k would have got me £200 etc. Have I misunderstood or am I doing something wrong?
Nope, just 5000 for £100.
stevebintley likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 4:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
10k gets you £200 off if two travel.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 11:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Used this to get LHR-BOS and return back to £216 next month! Pretty damn happy about it, especially since as Gold I'll earn more than 5000 Avios back... Taking the day flight back, so don't care about being in Y (although if a reasonable POUG rears it's head, I might bite for the TPs).
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:10 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm going to bump this thread since the other thread prominent this evening is at a tangent (for perfectly good reasons).

This is the last evening for this excellent offer. Ideas to look at include the cheaper North American Basic fares - so things like Boston at £160 return, New York £168 return , Denver £226 return, Vegas £249 return.

Alternatively perhaps Abu Dhabi for £205 return or maybe Beirut, a snip at £169 return.

You will earn the usual tier points and Avios on these fares, so typically 70 TPs, and at some of the lower fares it's almost worthy of the TP run thread.

Don't leave it to the last moment, I can almost guarantee you that BA.com will run very slow this evening.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
... I can almost guarantee you that BA.com will run very slow this evening.
I think you mean that BA.com will run more slowly than usual this evening!

rb211.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.