Wiki Posts
Search

Change of scheduled aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Blue
Change of scheduled aircraft

Got an email this morning to say that my assigned seat had been changed for operational reasons. Feeling a little excited, hoping this was a surprise upgrade, I logged in to find that there seems to have been an equipment change.

I’m booked on BA93, which is scheduled to be a 788. However, it looks like it’s been swapped to a four class 772.

Any ideas why they might have done this, and whether this will at least have WiFi (which would somewhat make up for it not being a 787)?
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk flight125

When is your departure date to enable others to help? The Wi-Fi role out is happening - have a look at the main thread :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-underway.html
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by flight125
Any ideas why they might have done this ...
One suspect: the continuing 787 engine problems.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Welcome to Flyertalk flight125

When is your departure date to enable others to help? The Wi-Fi role out is happening - have a look at the main thread
Ah yes, that would help: 29th March. Seems like a good day to be out of the country.
etiene likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:39 am

Welcome to the forum. You're never guaranteed a specific aircraft type. Usually seasonal schedule changes will give you a more stable prediction, but there are last minute changes due to 'operational reasons' which make it virtually impossible to predict.

In the last 3 months the YYZ route has seen 772, 789, 788, 77w, 744, so pretty much all of the above except the a380 from the long haul fleet.

As per this thread, https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-underway.html, if you end up with any of the following planes you'll have wifi.

​​​​​​G-VIIA, G-VIIC, G-VIID, G-VIIE, G-VIIF, G-VIIG, G-VIIH, G-VIIJ, G-VIIL, G-VIIM, G-VIIN, G-VIIS, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIY
G-YMMJ, G-YMMK, G-YMML, G-YMMN, G-YMMO, G-YMMP
G-RAES
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'd check back with us the day before
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by colinscanner
Welcome to the forum. You're never guaranteed a specific aircraft type. Usually seasonal schedule changes will give you a more stable prediction, but there are last minute changes due to 'operational reasons' which make it virtually impossible to predict.

In the last 3 months the YYZ route has seen 772, 789, 788, 77w, 744, so pretty much all of the above except the a380 from the long haul fleet.

As per this thread .. if you end up with any of the following planes you'll have wifi.
Appreciate it, always knew that to be the case, but a little surprised to see a swap so far ahead. Odds of WiFi seem good (22/26), though.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board flight125, always nice to see new members joining. ^

Not much to add and on the 29th March BA93 is showing as a 4 class 777 (but no F for sale so known on here as FLUB class) and below is what Expert Flyer is showing for sale at the moment. (The later BA99 flight is showing as a 788)

J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9
M9 L6 V4 S2 N0 Q0 O0 G0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.