Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Heading to Twickenham for the Rugby?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
All a bit disappointing this to be honest, but then again what would one expect. Went to the lounge post-match on the thoughts that I might have a complimentary drink. This was about 20 mins after the match ended. No complimentary drinks left. I then thought I'd buy one, because sure why not. The "pints" that you buy in the BA tent are actually from a can, but they cost the same as from the other bars. So a pint of Guiness costs Ł6.20(ish) but you get a 440ml can.

All in all, not really much, if any, benefit of going here. The other venues around the fan village were no less busy and offer exactly the same.

Just my 2˘.
TPRun likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
Originally Posted by c1223

All in all, not really much, if any, benefit of going here. The other venues around the fan village were no less busy and offer exactly the same.

Just my 2˘.
Phew I’m glad you said that, as I was there yesterday & didn’t know about this! Ł3 cornershop 500ml cans did the trick
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Gold | Hilton Honors Platinum
Took advantage of the bar pre-game: fairly basic facilities but a couple of free Magners were enjoyed!

2x GCH and 1x SCH + guests - the BA staff (cabin crew?) were welcoming, and quite enamored to see GCH's attending (mentioned specifically that they had mostly seen Silvers).

No Toilets in there, so went out to the block of Blue portaloos, given further vouchers on return.

Overall a welcome gesture- and the fast track turnstiles were indeed very fast (but was entering ~ 13:20, so not overly busy all round).

Hopefully a permanent feature!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by DrBenO
Overall a welcome gesture- and the fast track turnstiles were indeed very fast (but was entering ~ 13:20, so not overly busy all round).

Hopefully a permanent feature!
We (2 GCHs) arrived at about 2.20pm. All turnstiles were rammed with the individual security check beforehand. At that stage the "Executive Club" lanes were a complete free for all.

Popped into the upstairs bar before the game - given 2 vouchers, which as noted above were not available post match. However a major plus after the game was that the bar was heated - it was absolutely freezing outside!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Silver
I thought it was massively overloaded and very crowded and dirty. The bars in the Stadium were much nicer!
So probably a fair reflection of BA in its current state.

I remember 10-12 years ago, when BA had an excellent tent at Taste of London with a champagne and wine tastings. It was very peaceful. Why couldn't they replicate here? They could have easily made their "stand" two storeys...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Soon as I saw British Airways were sponsoring England I knew they'd be favourites to win the tournament.
Old Feb 23, 2020, 4:13 am

Does anyone know if the lounge is still a thing this year? Currently en-route to Twickenham, maybe see some of you there!
Old Feb 23, 2020, 3:14 pm

Open lounge this year. With some games to win Avios. Top prize is WT return flights.
Old Oct 22, 2021, 5:31 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
As my tickets for November's match against Australia just arrived in the post, I thought I'd resurrect this thread - anyone got any idea if BA will be doing anything at Twickenham this Autumn, in particular for those of us with shiny cards?

It wasn't the greatest lounge before when I went, but hey, a free drink is a free drink
Old Oct 23, 2021, 10:59 am

Yes there will be something for the Autumn Internationals.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
A shock Tonga win would be quite something…
Old Oct 23, 2021, 12:30 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Is it just for England matches, or does the Barbarians match against Samoa have the lounge?
Old Oct 23, 2021, 4:59 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Scots_Al
A shock Tonga win would be quite something…
I thank god I wore my corsets because I fear my sides have split...

Mind you, from what I remember after blowing the best part of a thousand quid on RWC 2015 tickets, anything's possible... all the more reason I may need that free drink!
Old Oct 23, 2021, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
Is it just for England matches, or does the Barbarians match against Samoa have the lounge?
Just the England matches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.