Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Wonderful: A fabulous story
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Mixbury
In case anyone is interested, I was reunited with my MacBook too. I can post some pictures if you like.
A pic of your MacBook in the washing machine would hit the spot and give us some closure.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Mixbury
In case anyone is interested, I was reunited with my MacBook too. I can post some pictures if you like.
If you posted picture of you cuddling the laptop tightly, thumb in your mouth and tears streaming down your face, whilst simultaneously clutching a small packet of shortbread biscuits, I'd be extremely moved.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
If you posted picture of you cuddling the laptop tightly, thumb in your mouth and tears streaming down your face, whilst simultaneously clutching a small packet of shortbread biscuits, I'd be extremely moved.
I'm skeptical.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by FlyingScientist
Might need to be checked against this
FNT-PNH (ie a long, long, way...)
Before this thread, there was no doubt. Now I'm not sure which is my favourite post. Mr. eight black is sorely missed around these parts, but not in the way a 4-yo can miss her pink teddy.

I actually have a bookmark to that post, for when I have an hour and need a chuckle. And for IRROPS, just to remember that it could actually be much worse.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by squawk
I imagine this is a job for PUCCI GALORE... can’t tag because of the space in their username
I disagree, you can tag @PUCCI GALORE like this.

In fact, you could actually mention someone and change the name, something like @SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE MUCCIS

(Sorry for the tag, a geek doesn't like inconsistencies)
Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:32 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by alex67500
Before this thread, there was no doubt. Now I'm not sure which is my favourite post. Mr. eight black is sorely missed around these parts, but not in the way a 4-yo can miss her pink teddy.

I actually have a bookmark to that post, for when I have an hour and need a chuckle. And for IRROPS, just to remember that it could actually be much worse.
I read the whole thing. I couldn’t put it down 🤣.

I do do love this thread though, FT at its best.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:15 am

Pink Teddy appears to have aged much better than most FTers.

if you disagree, be prepared to post your own full frontal, as Teddy has done.
wrp96, TedToToe and george77300 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Er, no. No full frontals, thanks.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:16 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I disagree, you can tag @PUCCI GALORE like this.

In fact, you could actually mention someone and change the name, something like @SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE MUCCIS

(Sorry for the tag, a geek doesn't like inconsistencies)
The @supreme OVERLORD OF ALL THE MUCCIS is yet to be appointed. I think that @pinKTEDDY might deserve a Mucci herself (it's clearly a girl bear). When she starts posting on Flyertalk then I will

Has anyone asked. Has she a name? @bigwalrus ?Whilst we are at it, Do you have a moustache?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The @supreme OVERLORD OF ALL THE MUCCIS is yet to be appointed. I think that @pinKTEDDY might deserve a Mucci herself (it's clearly a girl bear). When she starts posting on Flyertalk then I will

Has anyone asked. Has she a name? @bigwalrus ?Whilst we are at it, Do you have a moustache?
Teddy has a name. He is called "Teddy".

My daughter is very matter of fact about many things. We bought a temporary replacement soft toy in duty free, which was a unicorn. She named this, "Unicorn".

I do not have a moustache. I imagine it's possible but I'm not sure I could pull that look off! Maybe one day!
Old Feb 23, 2019, 1:28 am

Thumbs up BA at its best...?

Great that this had a happy ending... I remember the trauma as a child of losing a teddy while travelling!

If the MacBook is the grown up equivalent of a cuddly toy, then I had my own lounge-based (near) disaster last week. Boarding a flight at T5C, I realised as soon as I got to my seat that I had left said MacBook in the GF lounge. Mortified, I straight away spoke to the CSD who could not have been more brilliant. She and the FO immediately enlisted the help of a turnaround manager who - to my astonishment - contacted the lounge, and drove to T5A and back to retrieve the laptop on my behalf. All fixed and reunited within the 30 minutes from boarding to doors closing. Superb customer service by all involved, and completely surpassed my expectations - and a reminder of how great the best BA staff can be. (Online feedback forms and golden tickets completed as soon as I was back on the ground, naturally!)
windowontheAside likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Bronze

My daughter is very matter of fact about many things. We bought a temporary replacement soft toy in duty free, which was a unicorn. She named this, "Unicorn".

I do not have a moustache. I imagine it's possible but I'm not sure I could pull that look off! Maybe one day!
I used to do that - when I grew up all my pets were named Bill ! I don’t think you ever grow out of it.
Data point: My son and daughter are not called Bill
Tiger_lily and bigwalrus like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass

🤣 matter of factness seems to be a trait in small girls.

We got to a point where the 4 identical doppelgängers to our daughters teddy were handed to her over time. The last one being at Christmas a few years ago. She called it Christmas.

Things tend to go unnamed these days. She got a giant unicorn from her younger cousins at Christmas, (she’s 11.5 now), and it was a case of politely receiving it, but that’s been consigned to a corner of the bedroom and hasn’t moved for 2 months.

Christmas, on the other hand, still goes on holiday (in the hand baggage of course), and gets a cuddle every night. I’m sure that pink teddy will command a special place for a few years yet.
toothy and bigwalrus like this.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 9:17 am

I disagree, you can tag ... like this.
Ah, that's useful - I wasn't aware of MENTION tags. Worth knowing for future reference!

It was a much brighter shade of pink to begin with, but is becoming more grey.

Teddy went for a spin yesterday
Now, I know of a very resourceful bear whose colour-dyeing skills could be quite useful in a situation like this… it's only one red sock, what's the worst that could happen? Edit: the relevant bit is at 1m10sec, but the embed video function strips out the direct time link!

pilgrim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.