Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:22 pm

Fantastic story with a happy ending.

With the thousands of views of this thread, imagine the goodwill and positive PR that BA might have received if only they could have been bothered....
simonsmith, PAL62V and Foltan like this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by simons1
With the thousands of views of this thread, imagine the goodwill and positive PR that BA might have received if only they could have been bothered....
Old Feb 17, 2019, 3:23 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by squawk

I imagine this is a job for PUCCI GALORE... cant tag because of the space in their username
I hear and am happy to award a lifetime Mucci Platinum Class - Chevalier at Sauveur des Bisounours Roses.

I honestly think that this should be sent to Alex Cruz - this is a perfect PR pitch - particularly given the timing.

I just wish that I knew CWS personally so that I could give him a mamoth hug - that little girl is just precious,

Now I want to know when Pink Bear is going to start posting here on Flyertalk.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:52 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And my thanks to littlewalrus for the lovely, highly decorated card (featuring lots of farm animals) and the lovely box of chocolates too. As soon as took ownership of Teddy I was drawn into some enormous terror of losing Teddy so I didn't let Teddy out of my sight during my brief stewardship. Only one person asked me what on earth I was doing (and she was Scottish). So I was very relieved to hand over Teddy to the rightful owner.

Bearing in mind all I did was nip into T3 Lost Property and take some snaps I'm someone in awe of all the kind words above and I thank you all for the sentiments expressed. It really was just a privilege to help one of our younger citizens. One other thing I did do, however, was pop over to T5B to see the lounge supervisor for BaxterStorey to thank his team. I don't think we know who handed in Teddy, but my hunch is that it was someone from BS. It turned out that I knew the supervisor - he used to work in CCR and promotion to supervisor took him to the other building. The simple kindness of strangers, and the relative efficiency of Bagport, saved the day here. Anyway I asked the supervisor to thank the team and let them know that their efforts with Lost Property is very much worth it.

And of course my thanks to bigwalrus, it could not have been an easy position for him to be in, but what he was able to do was to use the resources available to him to turn around a genuinely bad situation. I'm hoping the log book will provide an early reminder of "where is Teddy?" next time Teddy goes flying!
Another reason that CWS is my favourite poster on this forum.

This has been a heartwarming story and shows the goodness of FT.. i loved it all!

Im so happy the bear has been reunited with its "person" <3
Old Feb 18, 2019, 4:10 am

[AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!]

Since I started following this thread... not sure why... I had the impression all along that the teddy in question was bright luminous pink! Glad it was reunited with its longing owner.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
[AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!]

Since I started following this thread... not sure why... I had the impression all along that the teddy in question was bright luminous pink! Glad it was reunited with its longing owner.
It was a much brighter shade of pink to begin with, but is becoming more grey.

Teddy went for a spin yesterday:

Old Feb 18, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by bigwalrus

I hope you didn't hang Pink Teddy on the washing line by his ears to dry - if so, we would have to report you to the RSPCB and the scandal that would ensue would be "unbearable".
Tiger_lily, dylanks, T8191 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Ironically someone tweeted BA today that they left their laptop in the lounge at T5 and the cabin crew and FO called the lounge, said laptop was located and driven to the aircraft at T5C. As has been mentioned upthread there wasn’t time to do this for teddy it seems,

Personally i I think this thread has the better story and outcome and still maintain BA could have had a field day with the teddy.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: Clan Loganair, BAEC (Blue4life), AMEX
This is wonderful - CWS is a true gent!
The thread has warmed the cockles of this grump's heart - I too had to rely on the kindness of strangers to reunite me with Sir Edward Tedward as a boy.

What, these tears? No no, I'm not crying, it's the onion I've just chopped, honest...
PAL62V and wrp96 like this.

Last edited by sjrk1; Feb 18, 2019 at 12:57 pm
Old Feb 18, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Love it - Well done to C-W-S!!
Old Feb 21, 2019, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bigwalrus

Can we please see before and after pictures, including pink teddy's color when he first became part of your family?
Old Feb 22, 2019, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Can't find a real "before" picture, but managed to find the same teddy on eBay which looks virtually new.

Main features of modern day Teddy:

- black nose versus grey nose, due to Teddy's face being repeatedly banged off the wall / side of cot

- washed out and faded label

- hole near the armpit (repaired with pink thread) due to attempt to dry Teddy with a hairdryer after he fell in the bath. Teddy is made out of a material containing synthetic polymers and his skin began to melt rapidly during this process

- no longer bright pink. Now slightly grey.

​​​​​Other than that, Teddy is as good as new.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I should point out that when I liberated Teddy from T3 Lost Property, the desk agent did sort-of apologise for the state of Teddy - Teddy was pretty filthy at this stage. I did my best to brush the worst of the grime off, while trying to be careful with the handling, but Teddy's back was particularly bad. In some of the early photos I had to do various tricks to hide the worst of it. The agent explained that lost property is transported around the Heathrow estate and then stored in metal bins, which carry goodness-knows-what, and these bins aren't clean out very often. So anything going into the Lost Property system does risk getting quite dirty. This perhaps explains why HAL security and BA send their lost property to the office in plastic bags, but they are then taken out of the bags to facilitate processing by Bagport.

But Teddy looks like a new teddy now that Teddy has been for a quick spin.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I should point out that when I liberated Teddy from T3 Lost Property, the desk agent did sort-of apologise for the state of Teddy - Teddy was pretty filthy at this stage. I did my best to brush the worst of the grime off, while trying to be careful with the handling, but Teddy's back was particularly bad. In some of the early photos I had to do various tricks to hide the worst of it. The agent explained that lost property is transported around the Heathrow estate and then stored in metal bins, which carry goodness-knows-what, and these bins aren't clean out very often. So anything going into the Lost Property system does risk getting quite dirty. This perhaps explains why HAL security and BA send their lost property to the office in plastic bags, but they are then taken out of the bags to facilitate processing by Bagport.

But Teddy looks like a new teddy now that Teddy has been for a quick spin.
Baby wipes can quite often can get the worst of anything off most fabrics. Surprising really as they are promoted as being soft and gentle to baby's skin etc. In some cases I've found that they have gotten a stain out when nothing else works. God knows what they must actually contain.
Iamnotlost likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: GGL
In case anyone is interested, I was reunited with my MacBook too. I can post some pictures if you like.
JustTheOne and bigwalrus like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.