Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

Reunited

Tired, slightly tearful little girl, but very happy to see Teddy again.

Huge thanks to CWS for making this happen. Great story.
SK, SanDiego1K, Dianne47 and 128 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:53 pm

So pleased to read this! What a fab BA Flyertalk forum story. Thanks @corporate-wage-slave
mario, LCY8737, Jagboi and 7 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Amazing happy ending - have to own up to welling up at that last photo bigwalrus!
well done to CWS!
sentosa and bigwalrus like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by AnaTravel
CWS - the pics made me laugh. Great sense of humour. A heartwarming rescue of a child's precious teddy bear. Well done.
Me too, I'm very much enjoying the series of photos of Teddy's trip home.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

What great story! But can Teddy make an ORC claim for the missing TPs from the DXB trip?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:32 pm

CWS you are a STAR✨What a lovely, kind and generous feat you have performed.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by peter h
What great story! But can Teddy make an ORC claim for the missing TPs from the DXB trip?
Teddy doesn't care about TPs. He just told me that he spent a solid 3 days in the lounge before being discovered, which is a world record
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I’ve taken the liberty of flagging this Thread for TalkMail.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Reunited

And my thanks to littlewalrus for the lovely, highly decorated card (featuring lots of farm animals) and the lovely box of chocolates too. As soon as took ownership of Teddy I was drawn into some enormous terror of losing Teddy so I didn't let Teddy out of my sight during my brief stewardship. Only one person asked me what on earth I was doing (and she was Scottish). So I was very relieved to hand over Teddy to the rightful owner.

Bearing in mind all I did was nip into T3 Lost Property and take some snaps I'm someone in awe of all the kind words above and I thank you all for the sentiments expressed. It really was just a privilege to help one of our younger citizens. One other thing I did do, however, was pop over to T5B to see the lounge supervisor for BaxterStorey to thank his team. I don't think we know who handed in Teddy, but my hunch is that it was someone from BS. It turned out that I knew the supervisor - he used to work in CCR and promotion to supervisor took him to the other building. The simple kindness of strangers, and the relative efficiency of Bagport, saved the day here. Anyway I asked the supervisor to thank the team and let them know that their efforts with Lost Property is very much worth it.

And of course my thanks to bigwalrus, it could not have been an easy position for him to be in, but what he was able to do was to use the resources available to him to turn around a genuinely bad situation. I'm hoping the log book will provide an early reminder of "where is Teddy?" next time Teddy goes flying!
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Teddy doesn't care about TPs. He just told me that he spent a solid 3 days in the lounge before being discovered, which is a world record
I guess is proof that the lounge isn't cleaned daily, but teddy is lucky that he didn't tangle with some of the wildlife there such as mice during his otherwise lonely nights spent in the lounge. It would have been a shame if he had been returned with a bite taken out of one of his legs.
george77300 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Brown
What a lovely story - Mrs BBB and I are delighted it has a happy ending. We hope Miss Bigwalrus can settle now.

On another, sort of connected note, we were at check in E today about 6 hours before c-w-s by the look of it. How long has IB check in been separate to BA? The lounge angel said she couldn’t see IB gate information any more either. I’m intrigued why their respective systems seem to be moving apart rather than closer.

Looking forward to hearing more about pink bear’s adventures ��

Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:19 pm

Reunited

How lovely, a story with a happy ending
Padmeister likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
@corporate-wage-slave I always wondered what you did for a living. Now I know. You’re superhero in disguise.

I love a happy ending.
wrp96, AlisonB84, Hilde and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Tiger_lily; Feb 16, 2019 at 4:18 pm
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by T8191
All in all, this story is BAFT at its finest! And CWS at his best too, of course!
I couldn’t agree more!!! :-:
Old Feb 16, 2019, 4:13 pm

Might need to be checked against this
FNT-PNH (ie a long, long, way...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.