Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had no expectation of BA doing anything "special" to help out here. Not because I have low expectations, but because I think there's a lost property system set up which appears to work.

At the time we discovered teddy was missing, we had just boarded the plane. I had no knowledge of the lost property setup, although I did read a little on the BA website as we were taxiing to the runway, shortly after posting here. The initial post was a hopeful request, wondering if anyone was in the lounge at the time who could have a quick check and put it to one side - however, the thread quickly grew arms and legs. I'm grateful for the advice and help offered as well as the posting on twitter.

I certainly wouldn't have expected the teddy to be flown to our destination. In fact, given the choice, I think I'd have chosen to keep it safe at lost property until we returned. Primarily due to the risks of it going missing en route but also that the operation would consume resources that could be better deployed (someone carrying the teddy to the plane, someone taking it through security at the other end, transporting it to a hotel miles from the airport etc). The main measure of success is that the item was found, cataloged and subsequently identified by me. From there I wouldn't expect there to be any obligation (legally or ethically) for BA / HAL to send it to me free of charge.

I'm glad the story is heading towards a happy conclusion - not least because I was "in charge" while Mrs bigwalrus (she hates it when I call her that!) was sat in a massage chair. Although I had no idea teddy had been unleashed (I thought he was safely packed in a bag), the finger of blame was firmly pointed at yours truly!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 3:06 pm

Programs: BAEC
I've been following this thread with great hopes of a successful outcome, as a dad who is assigned to 'Teddy Bear' duty as well as everything else that comes with travelling with a young family!

Congrats all, what a fab outcome!
Tiger_lily and wrp96 like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
I had no expectation of BA doing anything "special" to help out here. Not because I have low expectations, but because I think there's a lost property system set up which appears to work.

At the time we discovered teddy was missing, we had just boarded the plane. I had no knowledge of the lost property setup, although I did read a little on the BA website as we were taxiing to the runway, shortly after posting here. The initial post was a hopeful request, wondering if anyone was in the lounge at the time who could have a quick check and put it to one side - however, the thread quickly grew arms and legs. I'm grateful for the advice and help offered as well as the posting on twitter.

I certainly wouldn't have expected the teddy to be flown to our destination. In fact, given the choice, I think I'd have chosen to keep it safe at lost property until we returned. Primarily due to the risks of it going missing en route but also that the operation would consume resources that could be better deployed (someone carrying the teddy to the plane, someone taking it through security at the other end, transporting it to a hotel miles from the airport etc). The main measure of success is that the item was found, cataloged and subsequently identified by me. From there I wouldn't expect there to be any obligation (legally or ethically) for BA / HAL to send it to me free of charge.

I'm glad the story is heading towards a happy conclusion - not least because I was "in charge" while Mrs bigwalrus (she hates it when I call her that!) was sat in a massage chair. Although I had no idea teddy had been unleashed (I thought he was safely packed in a bag), the finger of blame was firmly pointed at yours truly!
Excuse me, but isn't it obvious that your wife would not appreciate being called (Ms./Mrs.) bigwalrus? Ouch.

VSLover, wrp96 and bigwalrus like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Excuse me, but isn't it obvious that your wife would not appreciate being called (Ms./Mrs.) bigwalrus? Ouch.
No more than an assumption...I'm not brave enough to try
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by PETER01
I can see the Daily Mail headline already.

"Heroic Geordie Farmer Rescues Stranded Bear"

Joking aside though, good news and I'm sure the wee one will be delighted when it's in her hands again.
PETER01 - the Daily Mail story would never make it to print as it is a good news story and they would never print that especially if it in any way involves BA.

So pleased to hear the outcome especially for Miss bigwalrus (and Mr bigwalrus, of course).
PETER01 likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Globaliser
But it would still have simply gone into the lost property system, just like it did.You could say that about pretty much every lost child's toy at LHR - but it seems to be an everyday occurrence. So which would you choose for this special treatment, and where would you stop?
HAL have had quite a moving Christmas commercial the last couple of years featuring a family of bears. An ingenious millennial in a social media team could have had a field day with this.
Brighterside and wrp96 like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Teddy is coming home

SK, SanDiego1K, Dambus and 90 others like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:04 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Yay, c-w-s to the rescue! Will the pink teddy have an interesting ride home at the pointy end of the plane? Please take pictures to document the journey.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:17 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Not much of a view on this train, what happened to the camels?

Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Great end to the story!"
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Happy days, fantastic result ^
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:35 am

Are we nearly there? And this is surely the wrong place?

Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Brilliant photos! I hope you're not getting too many funny looks...
nancypants and TedToToe like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Brilliant photos! I hope you're not getting too many funny looks...
He does seem to be enjoying himself.
Physci and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, outstanding ... now it is reality! I shall sleep better tonight!

Great job, C-W-S, although I worry a bit about Teddy’s well-being, given the placement of that Tensa post!

All the best to Familia vitulisque marinis magna.
LTN Phobia, wrp96, sentosa and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.