Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
We don't know whether the OP drew this to the attention of any cabin crew at the time, so we don't know whether any BA person could have made a call that had any point to it. Nor do we know how long there was to get anything done in. And the geography would have made it very difficult anyway: the toy was lost in the T5B lounge (not a gate lounge); and the OP's flight was from a C gate.

In those circumstances, it's good that the lost property system did its job. The reply you quote seems absolutely accurate and exactly what one would expect to be written.
OP in his OP had said it was on a chair on a corner just outside the kids room in T5B.
It's like saying, we think it's in the corner, opposite the water fountain of gate 58.

I would have expected something less generic.
"Sorry to hear of your lost bear. Our staff will be on the lookout, but please keep an eye on lost property found here: x"
or
"Sorry to hear of your lost bear. We've contacted the lounge and it's been found. We will send it to lost property at T3 for you to collect"

Generic responses are the worst; it's not unreasonable to expect a premium airline (that BA positions itself as) to be more customer friendly.
KeaneJohn and Takiteasy like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Delighted to hear more positive news!

Slightly puzzled as to why an item “lost and found” in T5 should be transferred to Lost Property in T3. Does the T3 office have a dedicated Bear Handling section?
ijkh, LCY8737, Tiger_lily and 8 others like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
T5 has a small lost property office, the main office is much larger and is where all lost property is sent, it isn’t actually in T3 but off the underground tunnel on the way to T3.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 7:42 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Saw this pop up again after the first posts originally thinking surely it had either been found and reunited or written off by now, bit of a mixed bag. Some airlines find and fly lost property (or courier) to nearest airport to the pax (if flying on their aircraft at no cost), relatively quickly and efficiently
Old Feb 15, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
Teddy is relaxing in the T3 lost property hotel but has been identified by photo (apparently my description didn't match the actual bear, so I'm not totally sure what he's been up to since we last saw him).

CWS repatriation services currently being enlisted.
Ruddy marvellous!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by TedToToe
Ruddy marvellous!
Teddy marvellous!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Really? How many times a week are BA and Heathrow supposed to fly cuddly toys around the world, complete with video production teams, for the PR effect? Should every lost toy get the full-on treatment? A couple of them every day?

But I am glad that the lost property system has done its job, and that the FT network will help the OP get the toy back with, hopefully, minimum further delay now.
I suspect thst in the case of Loganair it was the airport staff thst did this in their own time, a couple of photographs made into a short video and a picture of the happy owner appears in local and national press.

Whilst the besr bear has been found whst if Mr Joe Public didn’t have access to FLYERTALK but tweeted BA, got the unhelpful generic response decided to head to T5 on the way b@ck only to find it was in T3. Without CWS to repatriate it would be more anguise for the parents and the young owner.

Im not saying BA have to have massive resources but a call to the lounge might have made recovery easier.

Am pleased this has had a happy ending. Whilst these things happen something so small and to you meaningless could be the end of the world for a little one especially or moreso if the have autism.

I do recall a soft toy left at LCY security by a young girl onrpute to Amsterdam, the parents tweeted the airport the bear had been located and LCY set up a hashtag and posted regular updates whilst his owner was away in different parts of the airport, landslide, airside, counting down the days to her return and meeting her outside international arrivals.

Given how much BA would have spent on the BA100 advert a little effort with minimal costs could have provided a fair bit of exposure/engagement on social media. Look at the posters here eager to find the outcome?
Takiteasy likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Im not saying BA have to have massive resources but a call to the lounge might have made recovery easier.
But it would still have simply gone into the lost property system, just like it did.
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
I do recall a soft toy left at LCY security by a young girl onrpute to Amsterdam, the parents tweeted the airport the bear had been located and LCY set up a hashtag and posted regular updates whilst his owner was away in different parts of the airport, landslide, airside, counting down the days to her return and meeting her outside international arrivals.

Given how much BA would have spent on the BA100 advert a little effort with minimal costs could have provided a fair bit of exposure/engagement on social media. Look at the posters here eager to find the outcome?
You could say that about pretty much every lost child's toy at LHR - but it seems to be an everyday occurrence. So which would you choose for this special treatment, and where would you stop?
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
But it would still have simply gone into the lost property system, just like it did.You could say that about pretty much every lost child's toy at LHR - but it seems to be an everyday occurrence. So which would you choose for this special treatment, and where would you stop?
I suggested in response to your previous similar message a few reasons why this one. Have a look up thread and let us know your thoughts...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:04 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
T5 has a small lost property office, the main office is much larger and is where all lost property is sent, it isn’t actually in T3 but off the underground tunnel on the way to T3.
To see how small it is, there are some photos of it in the Dashboard Lost Property thread. If it was any smaller it would be regarded as a broom cupboard with a front desk. The T3 office is part of the HEX entry area from T3, so not for from T3 arrivals but indeed just off the tunnel that links T3 to T2, the tube station and Heathrow Central Bus Station.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

While it's been an entertaining thread to follow it's too common an incident to be used as PR material.

However...if the child had left granny behind in the lounge.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
​​​​Yay! Fabulous news to finish a Friday with!
Old Feb 15, 2019, 10:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
But it would still have simply gone into the lost property system, just like it did.You could say that about pretty much every lost child's toy at LHR - but it seems to be an everyday occurrence. So which would you choose for this special treatment, and where would you stop?[/left]
The difference is that, amongst the long list of “lost toys” you posted previously, this particular one also has a “found owner”, and prominent on social media too.

Quite an open goal, PR-wise.
Tiger_lily and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
... and prominent on social media too.
I didn't know that - apologies. All I could see from this thread was that the OP is a relatively recent joiner to FT who had about 100 posts at the time of the incident, and who didn't then have a Twitter account.

Although I have to say that I wouldn't myself expect BA to make decisions about what to do with my lost property or about any of the rest of my travel simply on the basis that I'm a member of FT.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
The difference is that, amongst the long list of “lost toys” you posted previously, this particular one also has a “found owner”, and prominent on social media too.

Quite an open goal, PR-wise.
I agree. For heavens sake has everyone forgotten the cartoon safety video that ran for years (and years and years) of the BA Crew Member finding a lost bunny that a little boy had dropped and returning it? Honestly I would think that this could and should be made an example of "How we love our customers young and old" to paraphrase the 100 upgrade video. For that child, it is someone that they love. Lost Toys indeed. I spent a lifetime looking after Lost Boys. When I think of those Tripoli rotations, they were so naughty that BCAL actually rationed the booze. Anyhow that's a propos of nothing.

My Goddaughter is in her forties and is an Executive in a rather prestigious household name company - she has a Teddy that she had from her childhood. You put me in mind of an incident that took place a while back on a flight between a fifty something year old man and a Teddy in a flying suit called Biggleswade. It is Pure (or impure take your choice) TFTG - which I will do if you like. I had quite forgotten the incident oddly enough.

To return to topic - I am delighted that there has been a happy outcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.