Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
A little update:

The tweet I sent out is getting a few comments (I don't know if any of you guys are on it) from people asking BA to help out a bit more.
3 comments so far...

The safety video is a few generations ago? Nowadays its all comic relief. Thandie is not picking up any left behind toys...
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:49 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
It would not take much effort for them to give the lounge a quick ring and get a little good pr in the process.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
I've left stuff in T5 Galleries before - I'm forgetful like that. It always gets handed in to LHR lost property. Usually using Missingx works.

Just a heads up: Lost property will charge you a ransom 'admin fee' to get your teddy back. This ransom 'admin fee' seems to have nothing to do with either the amount of admin required nor the size of the object but depends entirely on the staff's perception of said item's resale / replacement value. For example, a smartphone would seem to attract a higher admin fee than a backpack full of clothes or a large jacket.

Make of that what you will. Hopefully they won't charge you Ł20 to get your daughter's teddy back...

Edit: Try to get a GCH to collect it for you. Apparently they waive the fee for golds. Us mere silvers have to pay.
citytom and Colnic2011 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
I've left stuff in T5 Galleries before - I'm forgetful like that. It always gets handed in to LHR lost property. Usually using Missingx works.

Just a heads up: Lost property will charge you a ransom 'admin fee' to get your teddy back. This ransom 'admin fee' seems to have nothing to do with either the amount of admin required nor the size of the object but depends entirely on the staff's perception of said item's resale / replacement value. For example, a smartphone would seem to attract a higher admin fee than a backpack full of clothes or a large jacket.

Make of that what you will. Hopefully they won't charge you Ł20 to get your daughter's teddy back...

Edit: Try to get a GCH to collect it for you. Apparently they waive the fee for golds. Us mere silvers have to pay.
l

Bagport make it clear that they do not charge for children’s toys

https://www.bagport.co.uk/services/lost-property/

Last edited by GadgetGal; Feb 6, 2019 at 7:11 am Reason: link
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
As a one-time collector of Teddy Bears, I have great sympathy for the OP and offspring. However, none of our collection is pink - perish the thought!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
It's such a shame - I was in T5 this morning (A gates) but had I read this thread, I'd have nipped down to the B lounge just to ask if it had been found... I hope there's a good ending to this
CloudGazer and Colnic2011 like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks to all so far.
​​
I have iegistered it as lost on the missingx site. Suspect it's a case of crossing our fingers.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have spoken to The Hug, and they have their paws crossed too.
wrp96 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
One more thing: If missingx doesn't work automatically then I have an email address for you:

[email protected]
bigwalrus likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 11:58 am

So here is a rare opportunity for BA to get some fantastic PR by finding the teddy and have it sent on the next flight to the little girl. Imagine to great publicity for something that might cost them a few quid. And that is before you take into account how amazing for the little girl to get her bear 'special delivery'!
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Smile

The Bear-Force be with you, Pink One.

Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by NeedstoFly
Time to be the adult/ parent?
in our household one bear gets his own seat in JAL first class, so retrieving a lost loved bear seems pretty adult. The same bear had his own seat on Concorde on several occasions so out adult that!

Fingers crossed for the OP.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:12 pm

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Originally Posted by T8191
The Bear-Force be with you, Pink One.

Is this Bear-force one?

Still hoping that your little one is reunited
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by PAL62V
So here is a rare opportunity for BA to get some fantastic PR by finding the teddy and have it sent on the next flight to the little girl. Imagine to great publicity for something that might cost them a few quid. And that is before you take into account how amazing for the little girl to get her bear 'special delivery'!
Absolutely. Another little guy made for some very positive PR on behalf of Hyatt. The story was all over the news in the states:

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/g...res/index.html

Hopefully this thread's wayward Ursidae has as good a result...
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by PHLGovFlyer; Feb 6, 2019 at 1:45 pm
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

One should never travel without a Bear ... I used to do it all the time!!

One should surely travel with a Bear? I used to!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.