Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum; Amex Plat; Four Seasons; Fairmont; HH; etc.; "Retirees-In-Training"
Moosie, after industrial laundry

Here is little Moosie, [very much] up close and personal after his very thorough "Wash N Dry".
(He asks that we add that he is slightly embarrassed, but he just loves travel, and he wanted to join in the celebration of pink Teddy's return! )

Also shown with his newer and larger companion, Big Boy, as they sit in the window overlooking the Owner Suite balcony, on the Hurtigruten Trollfjord, March, 2018, along the Norwegian coast, about two years after his return from Italy.

(Sorry; not sure how to make these photos smaller for this post.)

GC

Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
ALERT!
PINK TEDDY ON THE LOOSE

Teddy is on his travels again, currently enjoying a comfortable seat in the Newcastle lounge.

My daughter said, "if we lose him again, the nice man will bring him home for us again". I think Teddy might be travelling securely in a suitcase from now on...
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:29 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
ALERT!
Teddy is on his travels again, currently enjoying a comfortable seat in the Newcastle lounge.

My daughter said, "if we lose him again, the nice man will bring him home for us again". I think Teddy might be travelling securely in a suitcase from now on...
And CWS - the bodyguard / Teddyguard - is just to the right of the photo, in the same lounge at the same time. Small world.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And CWS - the bodyguard / Teddyguard - is just to the right of the photo, in the same lounge at the same time. Small world.
Was it a happy reunion for you? Did the people recognize each other or only when the pink teddy appeared?

BTW, that teddy looks good in its advanced age and seems none the worse for its travels (and travails).
Old Aug 20, 2019, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was it a happy reunion for you? Did the people recognize each other or only when the pink teddy appeared?

BTW, that teddy looks good in its advanced age and seems none the worse for its travels (and travails).
I did wonder if it was bigwalrus (who is not exactly short) and family, but I wasn't certain. Our previous rendez-vous was late at night in a very dark car park. As it were.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:13 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I did wonder if it was bigwalrus (who is not exactly short) and family, but I wasn't certain. Our previous rendez-vous was late at night in a very dark car park. As it were.
Now you have my undivided attention. Do tell!
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

I recognised CWS immediately but hadn't spotted him earlier (to be honest, I had my hands full - G&T in one hand, baby in the other). Small world indeed.

And yes, our previous meeting was prearranged in a dark, damp car park. Thankfully there were few others around so we didn't need to agree a sequence of headlight flashes to identify each other...
jellifer likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2023, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Teddy Travels Again

It's been a while since I frequented these forums, but I was reminded of this thread during a flight today.

Teddy obtained another entry in his SkyFlyers logbook and even got to ride in the cockpit from Boston to Heathrow earlier today (looking as scruffy and tired as ever)

Old Aug 26, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
It's been a while since I frequented these forums, but I was reminded of this thread during a flight today.

Teddy obtained another entry in his SkyFlyers logbook and even got to ride in the cockpit from Boston to Heathrow earlier today (looking as scruffy and tired as ever)
Glad Teddy is having a good time travelling. He seems to be getting perks even GGLs and Prem’s aren’t allowed!
BA or bust, crazy8534 and AJA_ like this.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 2:05 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient

Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Glad Teddy is having a good time travelling. He seems to be getting perks even GGLs and Prem’s aren’t allowed!
I assume a slightly bigger little miss bigwalrus is accompanying teddy and enjoying travels as well? I do hope the only tears teddy is generating these days is tier points (for her owner) to go along with those SkyFlyer logbook entries?

It was a pleasure to revisit this tale yesterday. And it's great that teddy is returning to the skies.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 2:19 am

I see Pink Teddy loves to live life in the fast lane ! Happy holidays
Old Aug 27, 2023, 2:55 am

Fortunately his left leg didn't touch the A/P button
Old Aug 27, 2023, 4:04 am

It is great to see Teddy is still flying - I hope your daughter is still enjoying her trips and hasn’t lost any other possessions en-route!

More generally, it really lovely to be reminded of this tale and thread more than 4 years later - given how much has happened in the world since then. Indeed,corporate-wage-slave ‘s kindness and efforts in reuniting Teddy with her owner foreshadowed his work during the pandemic, keeping everyone here updated about constantly changing travel and health restrictions and much more. His actions epitomise the best of this forum.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 4:46 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

A certain Bear of my acquaintance said in that tone that only Bears can "He can talk!" - let's see a photo of him and then we'll see Tired and Scruffy." Who is the one who hangs around in Dark Car Parks? Him or the Bear!"

I apologise for being the bear-er of such rudeness. He has been sent up to his bedroom and told that there will be no gin for him in his pre-pradial Cocktail.

Funnily enough I thought of Pink Bear the other day and wondered what had become of the little girl and her Papa. I am delighted that they are still busy up in the skies the whole family. God Speed your whole family! XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
squawk and bigwalrus like this.
Old Aug 27, 2023, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
All the very best from my resident Bears!

squawk and bigwalrus like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.