Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:04 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This film started the silly trend of otherwise sane adults carrying around toys and taking photos of them in various places. I cringe every time I see this.
Tosh! They'd started doing that years before - and I have yet to read on here of anyone complaining about anyone's Teddies screaming or having tantrums (or should that be tantra) on any flight or in any snooty lounges. What on earth harm is there in that?

Far sillier are the DYKWIA and all the fuss I read of about which Champagne was not stocked in First, or not being fawned over because they are am Elite. Elite what you may well ask.

Anyway this is irrelevant compared to the finding of that little Pink Bear.

Owners really must have a tag on their Bears so we know who to call in case they stray - I have one on my husband. He is called St Michael.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
If his tag is St Michael, is it one of the ones with a date on it?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 12:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
If his tag is St Michael, is it one of the ones with a date on it?
A Date? It could be a pineapple and he wouldn’t notice. 😉
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:15 am

Nope. never seen Amelie. I only started carrying them around because i wasnt taking any pics.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
Today’s the day. Hope that there is a happy ending!
PUCCI GALORE, mario, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
Today’s the day. Hope that there is a happy ending!
I shall assist in keeping this thread trending, and entice people to look - just like I have been excitedly looking every time I see it has been updated

If only BA had been as excited that day, imagine the PR they could have generated...
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:43 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
What time does the DXB flight land?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
What time does the DXB flight land?
OP said they arrive at LHR "early evening" upthread. So I'd guess it's BA104 scheduled at 18:00.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Takiteasy
If only BA had been as excited that day, imagine the PR they could have generated...
I don't think we actually know what chance BA was given on the day to put things right. And the process of getting the bear from the T5B lounge to a C gate would take some time.

I once left my phone in a T5A lounge and boarded from a gate directly below it (about A23). When I realised I'd left the phone behind, I told the SCCM who told the gate agent who told the lounge. And although a staff member in the lounge found it and brought it straight down to the gate, they just missed us because we'd pushed back. And so it had to go into the lost property system. That was not for want of trying by the lounge staff, but time was against us.

So even if the OP had done the same on the day, about which I can't remember reading, time would have been likely to have been against them too.

Fingers crossed for later today.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by windowontheAside
OP said they arrive at LHR "early evening" upthread. So I'd guess it's BA104 scheduled at 18:00.
Thanks. Suspense is killing me.
mario likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't think we actually know what chance BA was given on the day to put things right. And the process of getting the bear from the T5B lounge to a C gate would take some time.

I once left my phone in a T5A lounge and boarded from a gate directly below it (about A23). When I realised I'd left the phone behind, I told the SCCM who told the gate agent who told the lounge. And although a staff member in the lounge found it and brought it straight down to the gate, they just missed us because we'd pushed back. And so it had to go into the lost property system. That was not for want of trying by the lounge staff, but time was against us.

So even if the OP had done the same on the day, about which I can't remember reading, time would have been likely to have been against them too.

Fingers crossed for later today.
I was thinking a bit grander than you on this one: find the teddy wherever it was by that time, lounge or lost and found dept, fly it on the next DXB service (and take a pic of it in its F seat, post to Twitter), taxi it to its owner from DXB (post pic on Twitter), and film the tearful reunion with the owner (post on Twitter, no faces shown) to confirm all is well.

Sounds like I will never land a job at BA’s Corp Comms.

MSPeconomist and alex67500 like this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 5:38 am

I was thinking a bit grander than you on this one: find the teddy wherever it was by that time, lounge or lost and found dept, fly it on the next DXB service (and take a pic of it in its F seat, post to Twitter), taxi it to its owner from DXB (post pic on Twitter), and film the tearful reunion with the owner (post on Twitter, no faces shown) to confirm all is well.

Sounds like I will never land a job at BA’s Corp Comms.

That’s your next #BAMagic video right there
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I'm sure that would be great, but (to get all objective for a moment) what was so special about this particular cuddly toy, other than that it happened to belong to a family member of a FTer? Should BA do this every time someone loses a cuddly toy?

Looking on missingx for 1 February onwards, the site currently lists:-
  • Cuddly toy 08-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 07-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 04-Feb-2019
  • Doll 03-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 03-Feb-2019
  • Doll 01-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 02-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 01-Feb-2019
  • Cuddly toy 01-Feb-2019
The chances are that about half of these were lost by BA passengers.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 9:12 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Toys do get lost a lot, and the PR fluff happens occasionally. BA has done it in the past; there have been pictures in internal publications like BA News, Up To Speed, on the intranet, etc., and some have even made the national media, such as this one:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/t...nos-Aires.html

It would be cute for BA to have a lost cuddly toy reunion service for every child, but it would probably get out of hand…
HIDDY likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
An update but not a conclusion...

We landed on time from DXB and split the family in two. I left my wife with the baby while I carted a rollercase, a trunki and knackered 4 year old from the C gates to arrivals.

We got to the lost property office and they appear to have something that sounds a lot like teddy, found in the right lounge on the right date. However...it is in the T3 office and we don't have time to go there and make our final hop to NCL.

So the saga continues. A phone call in the morning is on the agenda.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.