Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

[REUNITED !] Missing pink teddy in BA T5 B lounge

Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite & Lifetime Gold, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard
Originally Posted by bigwalrus
We fly back on Thursday, arriving into LHR early evening. As soon as we land, we (or perhaps just me...) will head to the Lost & Found office at T5 to find out whether the reunion will take place.

Good news or bad, I'll update the thread here as soon as possible!
We will Bear with you until then.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 11:56 am

Im sure the news on Thursday will not be grizzly
Old Feb 12, 2019, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by lavar56
Im sure the news on Thursday will not be grizzly
The Polar opposite, in fact. It may even be a Kodiak moment.
patersoj likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
There was a lady who used to post here called Jenbel she had Sheep. He was called Sheep because he was one. A friend of mine met them both at. London Do where what seemed like half the FT and the illustrious Community Director (😁now not then) went for tea in a boat in November. The BA Forum distinguished themselves by consuming every bottle of Champagne on board (that at least has not changed) at this tea party.

Not long after that, in a pan act of inadvertence Sheep was left behind in a taxi in Edinburgh, and Jenbel who was young and very intelligent , but who had last seen 21 on someones front door, was inconsolable. Since Sheep had plastic tags round his neck, I think that someone found him and kept him. I never heard if he ever showed up again.

I well recall my best best friend who is the keeper of two highly travelled bears ( one called Dyogenes who has posted here (5 with purchase Gatwick Duty Free) and Smokey from Minnesota found himself, thanks to the Upgrade Fairy, flying to DFW in F. Dyogenes and Smokey sat in 5 A, whilst a gentleman, who had long graduated to solid food, had a Lion. The two managed to turn the F cabin into a nursery. The cabin only had two other passengers who probably never saw this and were untroubled. The pair of them were bonkers and I love it. Pink Bears, Blue Bears, Lions and Tigers (Oh my) are forever. I dont have one. I have a husband. I might fare better with the bear, they dont argue back.
I carry a little duck called Tyrell around with me.. the first one came from a holiday with my ex boyfriend.. we were staying in a hotel and the duck was in the bathroom - i was annoyed at myself for never taking pictures with anyone or anything so i picked up the duck and initially started taking it with bands i met (i am into a subgenre of music that means i travel a lot for small festivals) and then moved it onto him at sights and with awesome frients and ust people that make me happy. He has his own instagram page and everything with over 1000 followers.
I lost the original Tyrell at a fest in Webster Hall in NYC about 2 years ago, after him travelling the world for about 7 years. I was inconsolable and tried everything to get him back.. i had friends calling Webster Hall and everything. . One of my american friends bought me another one, a much smaller one, who i aptly named Tyrell Jnr who now does the same thing and s filling tyrells shoes

Its become a bit of a thing for me and a lot of my friends buy me ducks from all over the world of various shapes and sizes. I have a vast collection now with only one duck ever paid for by myself (i now wont buy ducks as its become tradition that they are gifted to me),,

I like to think that Tyrell Snr is just having a good time living the high life in NYC and in reality hope that someone has picked him up and is looking after him.

here is Tyrell with Juliette Lewis a few years ago..
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:27 am

I also really hope this thread has the happiest of endings.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:46 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Fingers crossed the teddy turns up! My wife and I now travel with a number of soft toys. Panic time at Xmas when Hippo got left in a previous hotel. Luckily it was in the same city so I had to phone up and see if they'd found him, then go back to the hotel to pick him up. When I got there the reception staff had him out and were playing with him telling me how cute he was :-)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:02 am

What is the latest on poor pink Teddy one can only hope that he has found a nice friendly BA staffer who care for him before he is returned to his rightful owner! Little Grey Rabbit de nos jours...
nancypants likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:18 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
When I read this - I smiled and remembered the film " Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amlie Poulain " - I think that it was just called Amelie outside France. It made me think of the Garden Gnome totted round the world by an Air France Hotesse de l'Air.
Geordie405 and alex67500 like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:50 am

As others have said, every time this thread bubbles up I hope it is with good news for the OP.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow!
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
When I read this - I smiled and remembered the film " Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amlie Poulain " - I think that it was just called Amelie outside France. It made me think of the Garden Gnome totted round the world by an Air France Hotesse de l'Air.
This film started the silly trend of otherwise sane adults carrying around toys and taking photos of them in various places. I cringe every time I see this.
DYKWIA and djbenedict like this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This film started the silly trend of otherwise sane adults carrying around toys and taking photos of them in various places. I cringe every time I see this.
Don't forget Monkey Miles, the miles and points blog written by a stuffed toy monkey. Just in case you thought this hobby couldn't sink any lower :-)
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
Don't forget Monkey Miles, the miles and points blog written by a stuffed toy monkey. Just in case you thought this hobby couldn't sink any lower :-)
Penguin Points, points blog written by a remote control diving rubber penguin perhaps.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by oliver2002
This film started the silly trend of otherwise sane adults carrying around toys and taking photos of them in various places.
How do you know that they were sane in the first place?
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Globaliser
How do you know that they were sane in the first place?
I happened to personally know some of them...
Globaliser likes this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Fingers crossed your item stays in T5 lost in found. I left a jacket behind in the CCR which I ended up retrieving from the Main Lost Property Office (which is located halfway down between the T2/3 HEx station and train platforms on the escalator route....)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.