Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RAK: Bureaucracy and Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:08 am
Original Poster

RAK: Bureaucracy and Lounge

I'm travelling to RAK for the first time next week and have seen various (negative) reports about the airport experience for both arrivals and departures. I'm travelling CE which I hope will give me a headstart on immigration and various other obstacles but then that won't the case if we're at a bus stand. Grateful for any advice to best manoeuvre myself through the airport in both arrivals and departures or of any tales of recent visits.

I've seen some folk advise to get to RAK over 3 hours ahead of departure due to the amount of security checks conducted. Anyone able to verify this from recent experience? And the lounge? Lukewarm reports, difficult to get entry to and a bit "dry".
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:21 am
Suspended

Also consider the other flights arriving and departing around the same time and make allowances for extra time if necessary.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC
I've not been through RAK in a while, but I recall it taking about an hour from curbside to the lounge when departing, and the airport wasn't terribly busy then. And the lounge was awful. So maybe budget for 2 hours.

Arrival immigration - not much you can do, other than power walk to the end of the line, then wait patiently.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
I put some pictures at this thread in September last year when I was there. Also a quick description of security too.

Is the lounge in RAK (Marrakech) any good?

In summary a good experience all round.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Recently traveller to RAK in CE and it wasnt all that bad. Being South African, I used to slow security and passport control. Id suggest having a pen handy for the landing card.

The lounge is ok, range of food and drink is very limited, as is seating at times.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Akoz
I put some pictures at this thread in September last year when I was there. Also a quick description of security too.

Is the lounge in RAK (Marrakech) any good?

In summary a good experience all round.
Thanks. Helpful. So it's the Pearl lounge rather than the RAM that BA use now?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by CatchThePigeon
Thanks. Helpful. So it's the Pearl lounge rather than the RAM that BA use now?

It was in Sept - I assume it is still the case.

Originally Posted by FrogTastic
Recently traveller to RAK in CE and it wasnt all that bad. Being South African, I used to slow security and passport control. Id suggest having a pen handy for the landing card.

The lounge is ok, range of food and drink is very limited, as is seating at times.
VERY MUCH agree with bring a pen!! On both arrival and departure.
Security & Passports on arrival IMO was a little slow but not too bad being in CE and off the plane early, but covered by fast-track on departure.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 5:33 am

Programs: Hotels.com Gold, BA Exec, 1M Green Sheild Stamps
Thanks, this will also come in handy when I take a visit in December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.